Lowering help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTTA

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
just started a LS swap and total restoration on 84 2wd short bed. While the bed is off and truck is apart I want to take advantage of the access and lower the truck the best way. I would like to stay from bags but would like to go pretty low with 20” wheels and Wide tires. My questions are:
1. Best kit to use?
2. Do I need to add wider tubs?
3. Do I need to narrow rear end? I have a complete rear end out of a 72 nova that is 5” narrower stock I can use.
4. Any other advice is appreciated to achieve this type stance.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Tank6x2

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Truck Year
79/86
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
350, TH400.4:10 gears 2WD
Depends, how wide are you talking?

Most likely I would lean to BellTech as they supply a fairly decent kit, I would upgrade the hardware that’s coarse thread to fine thread personally as I had a 86 wrangler that I dropped 5” total all around but I had the original 15”x10” rally rims, no issues other than I likely should of used a torque wrench to achieve spec. Rather than tight is tight, one bracket shook the paint loose and began to rattle.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
You can get pretty low with static drops but you lose ride quality and is why people switch to air bags, so you need to decide if you want it to ride like a go kart or a caddy while cruising and how much you can afford.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg