Lower or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85 square

Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So I picked this up over the winter and have been doing some work to get it the way I want it. I put all new front suspension and steering as it was all original and this is how she sits now. I never measured it before but I bet it lifted the front 2.5 to 3 inches. My original plan was to lower the front 2.5 with spindles and the rear 4 with just shackles. The truck is dam near level as it sits now. I have 3/8 of an inch under a 4 foot level on the bed rail. Anyway now I’m thinking spindles and springs in front for 4 inch and shackles in rear still. What do you all think?

You must be registered for see images attach

Colin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
350 cu. in.
Like Shorty & Termite said...
Trucks don't deserve to be lowered with huge wheels and low profile tires.
I think it just looks stupid!
Do all that to a rice burner or drifter.

morrow07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
1977 - 1989
Truck Model
Cheyenne - V2500
Engine Size
406 - 350
I'm not a fan of lowered long beds. I only have one lowered truck, my 77'. I also have my lifted 89' V2500. Oddly enough, the 77' rides the best even though its lowered. Do what you want, its your truck. And unless you put a giant wing, and a family size nacho cheese can for a tail pipe, there isn't anything ricer about it. If you do it right, you can still have load capacity and a good ride. Go overboard, and you'll have neither.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
If you installed new front coil springs, front end will settle a little lower over time from weight. That's what happened to mine with new springs 2 years ago. At first appeared very high in front. Now I can tell it has lowered a little.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well... how do you plan on using the truck?
As a truck? Or a weekend driver?
I agree I think long beds should be left level...
I think 4x4 should be lifted a few inches or more
But I think 2wds can stand to be lowered a little but
I’m not a fan of ridiculously low static drops and huge rims like the majority of these truck see
But I think it CAN be tastefully lowered to give it more of a bull dog stance....
just depends on your plan

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
O do think a single back wondow and some dark tint would complement that paint scheme and look sexy

85 square

Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thank you for your opinions. That’s what I was looking for. The truck will be my daily driver in the summer and won’t see much work at all. My plan is replacing my 2012 mustang gt I drive for fun before I kill myself or lose my license. I have a 2014 2500 diesel that I’ll use for big hauling and work. The most this truck will see is maybe small trips to Home Depot and hauling atv’s on The weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave