Lotos MIG 140 Welder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I picked up this Lotus Mig 140 and a spool gun off Amazon for about $500 bucks. Links:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S8R1ST4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S8W31V2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Add a tank of straight argon gas (which was $100 for the tank and $75 for each argon refill at my local Airgas store), and it kicks ass welding aluminum. Which is just what I was looking for on the cheap AND to run off a 110V outlet to get this boat ready for the next time on the water. Had a bunch of drill holes to weld up and a worn bow from beaching all the time.

I highly recommend this machine. I am very impressed. I am totally happy welding with this budget friendly machine. You plug it in and fire it up and just the sound let's you know it means business for it's money and capabilities. It feels well built, the steel torch is really nice. The spool gun is nice but I would be afraid to drop it. Works really good! Did a little bit of steel flux core with it and got the usual **** weld. Gonna get an Argon/CO2 tanks next for it and she how it does on steel.

I was out in the driveway doing this on a 110V outlet with an extension cord with 20 - 30 MPH gusty winds trying to blow out my argon gas shield around the welds. It was a battle but she gott'er done. I LOVE THIS MACHINE. I welded for about 3 hours in these windy conditions and used about a 1/4 tank of the argon flowing at 15 - 20 LPM. Welding approx 1/16" aluminum at 1/4 voltage and half wire speed on the dials.

You must be registered for see images attach

GXPWeasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
1982 | 2015
Truck Model
Sierra C15 | Silverado Z71
Engine Size
5.0 | 5.3
Looks like it did a good job for sure.
I'm in the market for a 110v wire welder as well.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I`m wondering if that welder unit was built by Hobart ? Looks mighty similar to the 110V Hobart 135 that I have in the garage.
Having the capability to weld aluminum without having to fire up the torch would be a nice option.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tetz73