Loose caliper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I heard a rattle earlier this week in the front so I figured I would investigate. I found that the driver side caliper was loose. I got time to look at it today and even though the caliper moves up and down, the bolts were tight. I took them out and found what appears to be a bushing. Is that what it’s called? Do they sell replacements?

You must be registered for see images attach

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
There are rubber o-ring type inserts in the calipers that hold things tight. Both the big end and the little end. Napa usually has them. Comes in a kit with that spacer you have on the attaching bolt. Don't throw the old spacer away ,they always come in handy later on!

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
The NAPA part # is UP82872A and is listed as a Brake Caliper Hardware kit front . This also has the pad clips with it.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Ok thanks guys. I guess the rubber o rings are gone and that’s why I have a rattle

Ronald Ward

Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy Silverado
Engine Size
305ci
I heard a rattle earlier this week in the front so I figured I would investigate. I found that the driver side caliper was loose. I got time to look at it today and even though the caliper moves up and down, the bolts were tight. I took them out and found what appears to be a bushing. Is that what it’s called? Do they sell replacements?

You must be registered for see images attach
I had same problem with 96 and they sell a kit for it I'm sure they will for your truck found mine at olriley parts if not there try LMC

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I'm getting ready to go to Napa now, can anyone tell me exactly where the o rings go? I figured the big ones go inside the caliper, around the bushing. What about he small ones?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I'm getting ready to go to Napa now, can anyone tell me exactly where the o rings go? I figured the big ones go inside the caliper, around the bushing. What about he small ones?

My 82 service manual shows the small orings as inside the caliper ears of the tire side where the bolt goes thru.

I don't think I have ever seen one on any of the vehicles I have played with, but I guess they are supposed to be there ..

Britt

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
My 82 service manual shows the small orings as inside the caliper ears of the tire side where the bolt goes thru.

I don't think I have ever seen one on any of the vehicles I have played with, but I guess they are supposed to be there ..

Britt
That's where they go. Be sure and lube them with some hi-temp silicon brake lube.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Thanks guys, that solved my problem. Very simple fix, and cheap too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1