Looking to buy... But it's a 72

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
C20 2WD Custom Deluxe. C10 2WD Base Model
Engine Size
350 CID 195/260 HP Goodwrench crate, 400 CID 2bbl
If you like the truck, and the price is right and it don't need fixin' more than you want to do............BUY IT>

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
After looking around a lot of the trucks I've seen without a/c have these panels. Makes me wonder, did all of the cabs have the hole in the firewall for a/c then the factory covered them? I do agree, black would have made it look better. Thanks again!!!

Seems you are right, a lot of guys are using those two pieces. I just remember getting a much better kit from I believe vintage air.

For what he is asking they should look better, a few things should look better.

You in my opinion are better off waiting for the price to drop.

Last edited:

78350squared

Reaction score
First Name
bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
cheyanne 10
Engine Size
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

go to the YouTube link above to see Stacy David's TV Show "Trucks" in which he builds a "67-72 Chevy called Copperhead. and he gives you everything you'll need to know about building one of these models includeing answering the heater/AC question you originally asked.

as for value, ALL of these vintage chevy trucks are going up in price (if not value) on a daily basis now.. and once modified, the value becomes whatever your willing to give for it.

but when considering that a new truck STARTs at around $35,000.00 and knowing that even if you put another 10K into an older model for a frame off resto, and do all the work yourself. its not out of the question to toss 10K on a good running, decent looking truck. but as always, let the buyer beware, and to each his own.

78350squared

Reaction score
First Name
bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
cheyanne 10
Engine Size
Things that would reduce the value to me include: ruining the bed with a fuel cell, modifying the body by removing the original filler neck, hvac delete, Ford rear end, aftermarket shifter, aftermarket column and non original style interior. At least he didn’t do the drip rail delete. That kills me.

many of these mods I like, and it would save me a lot of money buying a truck that already has them.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

go to the YouTube link above to see Stacy David's TV Show "Trucks" in which he builds a "67-72 Chevy called Copperhead. and he gives you everything you'll need to know about building one of these models includeing answering the heater/AC question you originally asked.

as for value, ALL of these vintage chevy trucks are going up in price (if not value) on a daily basis now.. and once modified, the value becomes whatever your willing to give for it.

but when considering that a new truck STARTs at around $35,000.00 and knowing that even if you put another 10K into an older model for a frame off resto, and do all the work yourself. its not out of the question to toss 10K on a good running, decent looking truck. but as always, let the buyer beware, and to each his own.

Why most what you say is right. That is not an $11,000 truck. May be going up in value but not leaps and bounds daily.

This is not a frame off restoration truck. It is a pretty truck with some time into it.

Holes in bed for fuel cell, no heat or ac, who knows what else. Mods usually detract some value. Especially here.

It is pretty much just lowered with a decent motor, interior, and a few decent add ons.

As you said "to each his own".

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I LOVED watching the CopperHead build up back in the day! I used to make sure and have myself planted in front of the tv when that show was on just hoping they had a CopperHead update. That was before the days of DVR, of course. Super sick truck for sure :love62:

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
I had forgotten about that build but will go back and watch it. It turned out to be one heck of a truck!

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350

Forum statistics