Looking for repair shop in Goodyear AZ area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vettenut

Reaction score
First Name
Blaine
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K10
Engine Size
I have 1 1984 Silverado that has been in my family since new. Ran into a very interesting situation here lately where I cannot find a shop locally that will even talk to me about doing any repairs on my truck. Having been in the automotive industry for most of my life, I find it interesting that shops are turning down good money by not having an interest in working on "older vehicles". I have no contacts in this area as we just recently moved here, so I am at a loss as to where to turn. Anyone have any good leads on shops in this area.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I have 1 1984 Silverado that has been in my family since new. Ran into a very interesting situation here lately where I cannot find a shop locally that will even talk to me about doing any repairs on my truck. Having been in the automotive industry for most of my life, I find it interesting that shops are turning down good money by not having an interest in working on "older vehicles". I have no contacts in this area as we just recently moved here, so I am at a loss as to where to turn. Anyone have any good leads on shops in this area.

@mrburitto @SquareRoot may have a suggestion, they are in AZ

84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
What kind of work are you looking to have done? I lived in Surprise & Litchfield Park for approximately 10 years and had worked done at several shops across the valley.

Phoenix Rack and Axle at 32nd Street & Washington is one of them. However, I’d suggest exercising your second amendment if/when going to that part of town.

I also had good experience with Champs family automotive in Surprise. Saved me a bunch of money on an AC repair when they could have easily told me I needed something that I did not.
Vehicle I had work done on was a 1996 F350 so somewhat older.

-Eric

Last edited:

mrburitto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Cheyenne Camper Special, C30 Crew Cab Dualy
Engine Size
350, 496
Your not crazy, there has been a couple of times I wanted to take my '79 K20 or my '79 C30 into a shop just cause I was feelin lazy or was short on time and no one wanted to work on it. They make more money on insurance claims than working on old trucks. The bright side is, I ended up doing all the work myself and saved a bunch of money lol.

What are you looking to get done? I do mechanic work and restore Chevys on the side. Maybe I can help you out. Im in Casa Grande but my day job is up there in Phoenix.

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi there, what sort of work are you looking at getting done. There is a heap of good help and good people on this forum, who can offer advice, if you ask the right questions and are prepared to have a go at it yourself. Good luck with your truck.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well you moved to the right place for getting parts for your truck as you are literally in the Squarebody capital of the world. Within 30-45 minutes of you is Squarebody Syndicate, Porterbilt, GSI, Metalox, The Chrome Guy, IKandy, Tre5, Fat Fender, The C10 club, etc, etc...

Also home to Dino's Git-Down which usually has 500-1000 Squarebodies in attendance every year.

I'm probably just 10-15 minutes from you if you need a hand.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iiixtremeiii