LMC vent window assemblies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clif Bakx

Reaction score
First Name
Clif
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC
Engine Size
Has anyone recently purchased these 73-87 window units from LMC? work & fit good? Thanks, Clif

Clif Bakx

Reaction score
First Name
Clif
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC
Engine Size
Yes, I read that post/thread (beautiful work!), but it doesn't really answer my question regarding fit/finish on the LMC replacement vent windows.
Anyone else have a reply?

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I haven't used LMC vent Windows, but I have used plenty of their other products with mixed results.

I will tell you that I have talked to multiple people that have had their vent window assemblies restored by Precision Rubber. It's roughly the same price as the LMC units. They disassemble, powder coat the frames or polish the chrome, new glass and rubber. The guys I've talked to at shows say they are perfect with no wind noise.

Sorry, I know it doesn't really answer your original question, I just wanted to let you know there are other options that you may not know about.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yes, I read that post/thread (beautiful work!), but it doesn't really answer my question regarding fit/finish on the LMC replacement vent windows.
Anyone else have a reply?

he mentions doing the engraving when he installed new vent windows from LMC in his first post. I also mentioned him to refer him to this thread. Since his post didn’t include a rant or complaints. I’d say you’re looking alright to buy them.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I've used the LMC vent window assemblies a few times and had good luck each time.

Kasey 1977 K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I got a set fairly soon after they came out. The fix wasn't exact (not uncommon for LMC parts) but I was able to get them in. I have a bit of wind noise and though I dont like to take the truck through the car wash I still do a couple times a year. The wing windows like the car wash less than i do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmattly