Left over part? kick panel vent with a/c V-shaped clip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oshayla1

Reaction score
First Name
Karen
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I'm a novice (ok, beginner) at tearing apart my truck and installing new parts. I've broken down the dash, both doors, and now am trying to diagnose my stereo and speaker wires. Although that's not the reason for this thread. Knowing the speakers go under the kick panel, I removed the right side panel. In the process, I had 2 pieces fall before I could see where they belong. I figured out the spring, but the clip has me baffled. It's a V-shaped clip. Does anyone know where this clip goes?
You must be registered for see images attach

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I believe that clip might be for locking an electrical plug together. The spring looks like it's from the carb. throttle cable.
Is the plastic cowl vent screen still in place? Holes in it? This is a typical spot to place parts when working under the hood, and if they get past the screen they end up... down by your vent.

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
I'm a novice (ok, beginner) at tearing apart my truck and installing new parts. I've broken down the dash, both doors, and now am trying to diagnose my stereo and speaker wires. Although that's not the reason for this thread. Knowing the speakers go under the kick panel, I removed the right side panel. In the process, I had 2 pieces fall before I could see where they belong. I figured out the spring, but the clip has me baffled. It's a V-shaped clip. Does anyone know where this clip goes?

that retains the vacuum line clips to the curved part of the nipple on the vacuum motor.

Oshayla1

Reaction score
First Name
Karen
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thank you C10MixMaster and shiftpro. I just couldn't for the life of me figure out where that went. It makes sense now.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
The spring pulls the kickpanel door closed, and the vacuum line (which is retained by the small clip) acutates the vacuum motor that pulls it open.

Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell