LED Side Markers from CARID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
So I ordered, and anxiously awaited, the delivery of my LED side marker lights. When I received them, there are NO instructions. I called Dynacorn and they have no instructions. I contact CARID and was told "it is plug and play". Does THIS look like plug and play??????? In my experience, "plug and play" is when you take something out of the package and plug it right in. No connection other than that needed. I have contacted their customer service (supposed technical support) twice and was told this. I was told not to cut any wires and splice together. What is the brown piece for? What is the heat shrink butt connector for? I understand the ground (or assume it is a ground - no directions). THEN, I have to send via email a picture "of the problem" and my VIN to make sure it is for my truck?!?! The tag even says it covers my truck as does their website and I am more than certain I know the make model and year of my truck and order appropriate parts. Also ask them about the wiring. It comes with red & black. My truck is black and blue. So, black to black? Never received a clear answer.

Love the lights, hope they work, but Customer service has been a little on the snotty side.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Unfortunately it seems more and more companies will claim anything to make the product more appealing just to get that all mighty dollar out of your pocket and into theirs! Once that happens it's all bets off and they could give a crapola about you! The current way of the world unfortunately!:(

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
I'd start by grabbing a 9v battery and testing positive and negative wires. Looking at it, I'd say they used RV wiring standards of white being your ground wire. That means red will be wither parking or blinker. If the 73-80 is like mine (1985) there will only be 2 wires to connect to an the parking light will then blink when yo turn on the blinker/hazard.

Downside to this is you either have to cut your factory harness or use 'vampire taps' to connect to the factory harness.

Here is what I would do, even as much as I do not like the taps I would use them, just make sure to wrap them in either electrical tape of heat shrink to keep moisture out - https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-...Nx3jRUuKln6-YOYM7AcaAksaEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Remember that LED lighting must be hooked up in correct polarity or it will not work.
Cut off the loop on the white wire. It and one of the other wires will connect to the factory harness and the third wire will be left to hang out by its lonesome self. Personally I would use the dimmer of the two lights since it will work as both running and signal but you don't want the running light to over power your other lighting, same as a stock light would be (I think they're 198 bulbs).

I hope this makes some sense, I'm horrible at trying to explain things. I'm more of a jump in and do it perosn.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
I decided, right after hitting post to look this part up. It appears from this page it should have the plug on the wiring to go directly into the factory bulb socket.

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Dyna...XKJQ4daYfzYgZ1qZojHeakga05eoiTbsaAhmpEALw_wcB

Even CarID's page shows the same pictures: https://www.carid.com/dynacorn/1977...html?offermpnid=4653656710&page=3&view=919647

You must be registered for see images attach

YEP!!!! Which is NOT what they sent. I am sending those back and ordering replacements from LMC. They are less expensive and I have been told by another group member came as a true plug and play.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
No idea what "plug and play" is in chi-com but apparently it was lost in translation with what they sent you.

When you get the LMC ones, be sure to post a pic! :hat:

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
No idea what "plug and play" is in chi-com but apparently it was lost in translation with what they sent you.

When you get the LMC ones, be sure to post a pic! :hat:

:happy107:

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
I've purchased lights for the RV, with the same brand name. No connectors or instructions. Got them to work by the TLAR method.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@My78truck,

The other side of the light you got, did it have the chrome trim on the front? There is a "plain" model truck that came with unadorned side markers, and tail lights. Like my '74, it was the Custom Deluxe model and has the chrome trim in the side markers and tail lights. Does your truck have the plain lights or the ones with the chrome trim? The second photo of @Scott91370 's is like mine are.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
They have the chrome trim. Actually did not see a no chrome trim model that was LED. The ones without the silver trim are just the replacement lense - no LED built in. My truck is a Silverado and has the chrome trim around the tail lights so thought it would look nice to have the chrome around the markers even though the originals do not.......or at least I do not remember it having the trim back in the day that might have gotten removed by someone changing a bulb. ;)

stpeteblue

Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C7000 Top Kick Pickup
Engine Size
10.4L
I just stuck LED bulbs in my regular incandescent sockets. Or are you trying to use them as turn signals, too? Like a dual-bright light.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
Technically, at least here in Virginia, if it blinks with headlights off, it needs to blink with headlights on. But since posting my dilemma, the situation has been corrected.

WHY I didn't think about this earlier..........I removed the headlights (which of course required me to dismantle the bezel and trim ring) and swapped them. I installed the driver's headlight on the passenger side, and vice-versa, and GUESS WHAT!!!! They worked perfectly and are continuing to work perfectly. :wtf2:. I am not sure how that made a difference, but it did. So back in business.

Thanks for everyone that provided comments and suggestions. What can I say..........I am feeling like quite the dumba**!!!!!! :mad::angry94: