LED question cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I forgot about this thread lol. Here are a couple of photos with the cheapo LEDs 6 beans on eBay
As long as you dont have flickers or ghosting issues and are satisfied with them ,they should work at one brightness for you

Chaning the color of the backlight reflector plastic and also getting a low liight output turn signal light or stacking second sets of green filters should help make them not bright. use green bulbs

Ontheboulder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra classic v2500
Engine Size
I changed all my dash lights to LED,even the turns,all work fine and they do dim down.

richard A lindner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard lindner
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Add up how many you need on web site look up your truck.mine look like factory 194 bulbs

Ontheboulder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra classic v2500
Engine Size
dsid you buy yours based on bulb number, vehicle entry into the websites catalog, a kit, or what did you do?
i bought this part number 194-CWCOB1W these were 135 lumen cool white. T3.25 miniature wedge base. the have a conversion table on their website. I called them when I ordered mine they were very helpful. this was not a kit, just individual bulbs. if ya go on the website it lists different bulbs and lets you know if the LED bulb is oversize in comparision to the standard bulb

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
i bought this part number 194-CWCOB1W these were 135 lumen cool white. T3.25 miniature wedge base. the have a conversion table on their website. I called them when I ordered mine they were very helpful. this was not a kit, just individual bulbs. if ya go on the website it lists different bulbs and lets you know if the LED bulb is oversize in comparision to the standard bulb
Im glad that worked , the reason I asked was more so that others if needed could know that the way you got them would also work for them.

so have you only replaced your dash bulbs or do there exist incandescents on the dimming circuit anywhere? Radio, Hvac, wiper switch, PRNDL display(if not a manual), NP208 shifter, etc

The reason i am asking is if you have entirely LED bulbs on your dimming circuit and the dimming works normal, thats actually amazing and thats really really helpful to know, but if you have reg bulbs anywhere, where at? If you replace those, update us if you still have the same behavior etc

Ontheboulder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra classic v2500
Engine Size
Im glad that worked , the reason I asked was more so that others if needed could know that the way you got them would also work for them.

so have you only replaced your dash bulbs or do there exist incandescents on the dimming circuit anywhere? Radio, Hvac, wiper switch, PRNDL display(if not a manual), NP208 shifter, etc

The reason i am asking is if you have entirely LED bulbs on your dimming circuit and the dimming works normal, thats actually amazing and thats really really helpful to know, but if you have reg bulbs anywhere, where at? If you replace those, update us if you still have the same behavior etc
I did replace the light on the 4x4 floor cover with LED as well, I did not do the hvac and still have incandescents on the dome and courtesy lights. I did every bulb on the back of the dash cluster

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I did replace the light on the 4x4 floor cover with LED as well, I did not do the hvac and still have incandescents on the dome and courtesy lights. I did every bulb on the back of the dash cluster
So im not sure if the dome/floor lamps will affect the dimming itself but if you make them all LED soon, id like to know how it behaves. often times old style dimmers dont do LED only very well, but its not to say that they cant. The HVAC/Radio still do dim, as does the.. wait your wipers are on the column, nevermind.

By chance, could you take a pic of your floor shifter at night with the LED lighting it?

Ontheboulder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra classic v2500
Engine Size
So im not sure if the dome/floor lamps will affect the dimming itself but if you make them all LED soon, id like to know how it behaves. often times old style dimmers dont do LED only very well, but its not to say that they cant. The HVAC/Radio still do dim, as does the.. wait your wipers are on the column, nevermind.

By chance, could you take a pic of your floor shifter at night with the LED lighting

By chance, could you take a pic of your floor shifter at night with the LED lighting it?
will do! I got an LED dome light bulb today, but right now i have the column tore apart, greasy mess!!just got the lock plate off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84