Kevlar Suspension Bushings vs Polyurethane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
Any of you folks have an opinion on the Kevlar greasable suspension bushings offered by Off Road Design? Looking at replacing all three bushings on all four corners, including the sway bar. ORD kevlar kits plus shipping should be about $232.

The polyurethane kits available everywhere is about $128, then another $45 for new bolts, total about $174.

Any significant benefits to the Kevlar bushings vs Polyurethane. My truck will never be off road again, but the squeaking of 33 year old shot bushings have to be addressed. Thanks

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The fact that they are greasable is what makes the big difference between the cheaper ones. Iirc, the cost stayed nearly the same when ORD switched to the special kevlar and went away from the polyurethane.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have them on my truck. So far I'm a huge fan. Only issue I ran into was the clearence between the front HD shackle and header flange. On my truck the exhaust shop fixed the flange so everyone else probably won't have this issue.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
Already see one top bolt hits the exhaust the other side hits linkage. If I can't wiggle the stock bolts out, I'll cut them and just slide the new ones with nuts facing in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK