K5 Side windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tja1161

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC JIMMY K5, 1985 K2500
Engine Size
Hello,

I know LMC sells a window sliding kit for Blazer Topper but I would like to find a source for plain style windows.
Also my back window is pretty scratched so if any one know a procedure to buff it or where to get new would also be great

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
I have the sliders on both of my k5's. I have seen the solid ones on CL in my area.
For the rear window, I had to replace the double pane factory tinted one on my 82.
I just called a local company. $150 with the "baked in" tint like the new cars. Same color.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Now days the only thing you can preptty much ddo is buy a top that has solid windows and refurb it or if you have a better top then take the windows out of the other top and put them in it. The seals and stuff you can get from LMC and a few other locations but unfortunately unless you can find some OEM glass at a auto glass place they are super hard to find in single piece windows. I bought a top for 200 bucks and still have it in my back yard but took the windows and hid them under my bed (in my bedroom bed, lol). Once I get the K5 running my top will be coming off and getting a good cleaning and painted with Black Monster liner and then the seals will all get replaced and the trashed sliders are going to get yanked and tossed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL