K5 Rear Seat Belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsn98

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Hey All,
Just got a 1988 K5 Blazer and part of the drivers side rear seat belt is missing. It is the male part which is a stiff rubber piece that bolts to the floor and is not retractable (the female part mounted to the seat is the retractable one). I have scoured the internet and have turned up no reproductions of this male part of the seatbelt. I'm not looking to convert the belts to a different setup, so I was curious if anyone has any idea of where I could get my hands on one of these... LMC and JC Whitney don't carry them... Thanks!

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
I had the same thing happen to my '82. It had broken near the bolt.
I was able to find one at a local salvage yard.
I was lucky since it was the same color.

I have used this site to search yards nationwide.
Car-part.com

tsn98

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I had the same thing happen to my '82. It had broken near the bolt.
I was able to find one at a local salvage yard.
I was lucky since it was the same color.

I have used this site to search yards nationwide.
Car-part.com

Alright, thanks for that link, I will definitely put that to good use although I'm not finding any of those belts in my area that are listed. Only one that's the wrong color and is about halfway across the country from me is popping up on a nationwide seach. I'll stop at some yards and see if any have them.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Alright, thanks for that link, I will definitely put that to good use although I'm not finding any of those belts in my area that are listed. Only one that's the wrong color and is about halfway across the country from me is popping up on a nationwide seach. I'll stop at some yards and see if any have them.

Look for major parts for a K5 that are more likely to be listed. If you find local yards that have other K5 parts, those are the places to look for the seatbelts.

It's a '78-'88 part too. '73-'77 were normal style belts and '89-'91 were a shoulder strap setup.

tsn98

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Will do. Thanks for the advice
Look for major parts for a K5 that are more likely to be listed. If you find local yards that have other K5 parts, those are the places to look for the seatbelts.

It's a '78-'88 part too. '73-'77 were normal style belts and '89-'91 were a shoulder strap setup.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

5akman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
What color are you wanting? I just bought an '88 and I'm pulling the rear seat out and selling it so won't be needing the belts. Just can't remember off the top of my head if there are belts back there!

tsn98

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I'm looking for blue. What color do ya have? I only need the male part bolted to the floor. The female part attached to the seat is still there in mine
What color are you wanting? I just bought an '88 and I'm pulling the rear seat out and selling it so won't be needing the belts. Just can't remember off the top of my head if there are belts back there!

5akman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Rear belts on mine are a light grey color.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Honestly, those belts can be hard to find anymore. Any color belt buckle is better than no buckle.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Honestly, those belts can be hard to find anymore. Any color belt buckle is better than no buckle.
I was gonna say the same thing

AND it's super easy to throw some dye/paint on them to make them all match.

tsn98

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Any recommendations on dyes or paint to use to do them?
I was gonna say the same thing

AND it's super easy to throw some dye/paint on them to make them all match.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Any recommendations on dyes or paint to use to do them?

I'm not well versed in dying the actual seat belts but the plastics are easy with SEM brand paints. Just clean them really well with the SEM plastic prep spray, get them good and clean and then shoot the color you want. There's a color pallet out on the SEM website that you can choose the color you want. I've done a bunch of plastics over the years and as long as it's prepped thoroughly the SEM stuff works and holds up well.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Agreed, the SEM works great with proper prep. You don't even need to buy the special prep stuff. Just clean them really well with soapy water, then a light scuffing with a mild scuff pad (scotchbrite gray or even white, just not red) then wipe them down with denatured alcohol. Then apply the paint according to the instructions.

tsn98

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I'm not well versed in dying the actual seat belts but the plastics are easy with SEM brand paints. Just clean them really well with the SEM plastic prep spray, get them good and clean and then shoot the color you want. There's a color pallet out on the SEM website that you can choose the color you want. I've done a bunch of plastics over the years and as long as it's prepped thoroughly the SEM stuff works and holds up well.
Ok awesome! Thanks for the recommendations. I'm lined up to get the set so I'll post before and after pictures when I get around to painting them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linemanjl