k5 floor panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
It's time to start working on my K5 floors.
Any suggestions of companies to use; Goodmark, AMD, Sherman?
I have to replace the front seat and rear seat floor along with the inner rocker (I think).
The outer rocker looks good but may have to come off for the other panels to be replaced.

Also this because the previous owner had a leak in the right topper window that ran down and stayed in the carpet.

In this link I guess I would use number 4 and 8 plus the inner and probably outer rockers?
Can the drop in floors be used or is that suburban?

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/csb/full.aspx?Page=12

Anything to look out for, suggestions?

Thanks.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
I have bought from LMC, classic, rock auto, ebay, AMD. All are basically the same. Metal thickness is within 0.001" of oe metal. A difference that you will not see in welding. If you need to do the inner rockers but if your outer rockers are still good you can replace the inners without taking the outers off. I would say go with whatever is the best deal at the time of purchase.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
I have bought from LMC, classic, rock auto, ebay, AMD. All are basically the same. Metal thickness is within 0.001" of oe metal. A difference that you will not see in welding. If you need to do the inner rockers but if your outer rockers are still good you can replace the inners without taking the outers off. I would say go with whatever is the best deal at the time of purchase.

Good to know, shipping seems to be the worst part of the purchase.
I have a Summit racing close to me that I will try to get the panels from.
Yes I would like to keep my original outer rockers if possible. Hopefully I can. Just depends what I run into when cutting the old out.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
This thread has been moved out of "Site News" and into a more appropriate subforum.