Just a little tip for you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I just bought a new pack of markers and here's why. When I disassemble something I put a white out stripe on everything and mark it like resistors.I've tried number tags, not a fan.I used to just use paint dots from the little touch up paint bottles, but try putting 47 little dots on a Honda or mazda vacuum hose.So this is what I do a white out stripe and Sharpe marks.Going back together is so easy and fast,blue to blue,red to red ,red and yellow to red and yellow.You get it.
You must be registered for see images attach

wixthedog

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Oddly enough I was jacking around with some resistors just this morning. I normally use painters tape and a sharpie but this is a great option.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Let's make this into a little tip thread.Anyone that has a trick that makes things easier share it.Even the stuff you think Is common or common sense I'm sure some member never heard of it.

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I've got into the habit of labeling and writing on parts what they are and what they owe me.I know what they are, but I don't want my family throwing out or giving away anything of great value. A lot of swap meets, haggling and ******** to fill that shed.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
I've got into the habit of labeling and writing on parts what they are and what they owe me.I know what they are, but I don't want my family throwing out or giving away anything of great value. A lot of swap meets, haggling and ******** to fill that shed.

My wife teases me and says when I take that big dirt nap, she is opening the garage door and having a big garage sale. I always tell her if that’s the case, she probably should pay just a little attention to what is really out there.

I also have started to label what things are, and ballpark figure what they are worth. Prices may change, but if my wife and kids can at least identify what the greasy thing is, they could research current market value.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
I think most women feel the same way about anything automotive. In my experience, they all get the same glassy-eyed, bored out of their skull look at swap meets and other automotive treasures. Probably the exact look men get when women discuss shoes. Or reality TV. Or....the list goes on.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Similar, but I use colored zip ties. Especially at work when I have to disconnect a hydraulic unit and there are 20+ hoses. If I run out of colors I just double the colors. I always leave them on so if I have to do it again it's already marked or the poor shmuck going in after me at least has a clue.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I did have an old girlfriend (still friends) that could talk cars and engines all day long. She was a hoot! Mechanics beware! She knows her stuff!
Why you'd let that one go ? :eek:

:D
Cant have her being the more knowledgeable or superior one, could he? She was a source of pure energy, much too powerful for mere mortal men.

Salty Crusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
Similar, but I use colored zip ties. Especially at work when I have to disconnect a hydraulic unit and there are 20+ hoses. If I run out of colors I just double the colors. I always leave them on so if I have to do it again it's already marked or the poor shmuck going in after me at least has a clue.

Hazard Fraught has neon colored ones, I will buy a package or two today for just this use. Genius!

Way back in my Navy days, I could quote the resistor color codes but I've long since forgotten them. And colors fade. And a lot of my junk is too greasy to write on, even with a Sharpie.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Too much baggage.

Probably hard to have man cave time alone, too, if ya got one that will get in and wrench with ya …

But, then , she probably would understand when you got pissed off and starting cussing & throwing tools.

Tough call. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara