john deere riding mower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ontheboulder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra classic v2500
Engine Size
Well since the GMC is waiting on spring to get here,and since spring is coming I thought i would give the lawn tractor some attention. The transaxle has seen better days and was making a bit of noise.they say those things are non serviceable but I found out differently. they even make a rebuild kit for them. I went the cheap route since its a 25 year old tractor and just did an oil change with upgrade to full synthetic oil,new filter and a set of new spider gears, got about 100.00 into it. rebuild kit is 400, new transaxle is 1500.hopefully this will give it a couple more years!

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Hopefully it works out for you.

Right before winter, one of the back tires got a hole in it. I put the green slime, from walmart in it, no luck. Long story short, my tire guy got green stuff everywhere and we both agreed that I'll never use that stuff again.....it doesn't dry up. Had a tube installed. Now I've got on on the front that needs mending. ~$10 and it'll be fixed as he carries those tube.

Lesson learned.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128