It's Retro & HRPC's Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Retro's pics got me looking at my old Craftsman box real hard and then HRPC mentioned the HF boxes were a good value for the money. I couldn't find a used Matco or Snap-On for less than 3 grand so I went with the HF offerings. Pulled a few strings and got this delivered to my door for $606.18

Guess what I'll be doing this weekend.

You must be registered for see images attach

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Dude I want your old one.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Does it have ball bearing sliders?

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Does it have ball bearing sliders?

It has too, the one I was messing with in their store the other day was just as quality as my Dads Snap-on box. The drawers came out effortlessly.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Yep, bearing sliders on all drawers and double sliders on the larger drawers in the bottom box.

Too bad you're not closer Irish, the shipping would be more than the box is worth.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Great deal man! :D

I like that old C-Man box...Vintage 1980-84.

Damn! You're GOOD!!! That's right about the time I bought 'em.

(good box, but no bearings in the sliders)

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Yep, bearing sliders on all drawers and double sliders on the larger drawers in the bottom box.

Too bad you're not closer Irish, the shipping would be more than the box is worth.

I know man it sucks, the drive to get it would cost enough in gasoline to buy the same one you just got new.

I had the exact box as your old one but it was a little beat up and ended up getting stolen from a shop I worked at part time.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I know man it sucks, the drive to get it would cost enough in gasoline to buy the same one you just got new.

I had the exact box as your old one but it was a little beat up and ended up getting stolen from a shop I worked at part time.

I worked in a shop a long time ago, there was a guy with two of those boxes and they were about 30 years older than that one. He had more expensive tools than the rest of us. One night the shop was broken in to and everyone's boxes but his and mine disappeared (mine was bolted to the wall). If they only knew that his was the most expensive in the shop and everyone else had basically spent most of their money on their box and had pretty much HF tools. :rotflmao:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I worked in a shop a long time ago, there was a guy with two of those boxes and they were about 30 years older than that one. He had more expensive tools than the rest of us. One night the shop was broken in to and everyone's boxes but his and mine disappeared (mine was bolted to the wall). If they only knew that his was the most expensive in the shop and everyone else had basically spent most of their money on their box and had pretty much HF tools. :rotflmao:

It must have been young kids, the shop I worked at got broken into by some young kids. We showed up one morning to the mail slot door pried off and the door opened. We went inside and noticed EVERY TOOL WAS THERE. It was unbelievable, why else would you break into a shop? Turns out it was middle school kids just dickin around.

I lost my tool box because of the Texaco station curse, I want to see that stupid building knocked down sometimes. The story behind my experiences with this place are just unbelievable.

Started in 1999 when we moved to that town and my dad rented it with plans to buy it, with the huge Mormon influence on a non Mormon family's business it never took off.

Next activity inside of it was around 04 when A highschool buddy of mine and his brother rented it and soon lost their ass on it. Thats when I lost my toolbox, I was bored so I was working there on my days off. I showed up one day and their cousin fresh out of prison was using my tools. I was a little pissed so I got my tools out and he offered to buy the box and pay the next day. After that day every time I showed up to collect the cash no one had any idea where he was, after 3 times of that I said **** it.

After that someone else tried to make a business in the Texaco selling tires and soon shut down.

Last big tragedy is literally a tragedy that happen this year. My brothers friend and his partner opened the Texaco and were actually doing well this time. This guys partner pulled out of the shop drunk off his ass in his lifted pickup and t-boned an innocent woman immediately killing her in front of their shop. This dude posted bail by putting up the shop and all the contents and I guess skipped out on his court date since he was looking at some serious prison time. My brothers buddy was out about 4k he invested in the shop plus all of his tools.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Wow, that USG set up makes that Craftsman rig look like little kid junk. I'm not so sure those should be posted side by side like that. Now I'm feeling like I got inferior junk. And no, I don't have ball bearing slides. :bawl:

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
It must have been young kids, the shop I worked at got broken into by some young kids. We showed up one morning to the mail slot door pried off and the door opened. We went inside and noticed EVERY TOOL WAS THERE. It was unbelievable, why else would you break into a shop? Turns out it was middle school kids just dickin around.

I lost my tool box because of the Texaco station curse, I want to see that stupid building knocked down sometimes. The story behind my experiences with this place are just unbelievable.

Started in 1999 when we moved to that town and my dad rented it with plans to buy it, with the huge Mormon influence on a non Mormon family's business it never took off.

Next activity inside of it was around 04 when A highschool buddy of mine and his brother rented it and soon lost their ass on it. Thats when I lost my toolbox, I was bored so I was working there on my days off. I showed up one day and their cousin fresh out of prison was using my tools. I was a little pissed so I got my tools out and he offered to buy the box and pay the next day. After that day every time I showed up to collect the cash no one had any idea where he was, after 3 times of that I said **** it.

After that someone else tried to make a business in the Texaco selling tires and soon shut down.

Last big tragedy is literally a tragedy that happen this year. My brothers friend and his partner opened the Texaco and were actually doing well this time. This guys partner pulled out of the shop drunk off his ass in his lifted pickup and t-boned an innocent woman immediately killing her in front of their shop. This dude posted bail by putting up the shop and all the contents and I guess skipped out on his court date since he was looking at some serious prison time. My brothers buddy was out about 4k he invested in the shop plus all of his tools.

I think cursed is an understatement. That's horrible man...got any pics of it though? I love old gas stations.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Great looking box man

I really need something like that instead of having everything scattered across 3 boxes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg