ISO Supercharger Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BW The Kidd

Reaction score
First Name
Blaine
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have a rebuilt 1985 Chevy C10.
Stock/Rebuilt 350 with Trans, with a Holley Sniper EFI.
10 bolt rear with 3.08 gears

I was thinking of supercharging my 350 in the future and was wondering on what all I would need to upgrade? What brand is best? Etc etc.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I think the sniper supports superchargers, (i think) or maybe the super sniper does. Either way, that would handle fueling. With a compliant dualsync or whatever distributor, used in conjunction with a charger, you could let the holley control your timing for you everytime you hit the skinny.

2nd, youd need a cam profile thats supercharger ready, but operates brakes and such (consider hydroboost?)

3rd. You need to consider your current engine compression ratio, and just how much air you're cramming down its neck. Theres formulas related to all this. If your motor is "stock" built, meaning 8-8.5:1 compression ratio, cast iron rods, etc etc wouldnt feel comfortable forcing anymore than like, 5 pounds down on 93 octane. Maybe thats just me.

Theres other factors too like shorter spark plug gaps, head bolt strength, initial timing, etc.

Im no supercharger master or anything.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Simplest thing for this situation is going to be a weind mini blower or similiar. What cam is in it? If it's not much cam and a basically stock engine that weind blower is stupid simple.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
As far as supercharger if you wanted to do little engine internal work but still have boost like vbb said, you could consider an eaton m90. considered inefficient and on the weak end, it would likely be a cheap option to get 6-8 pounds. thats what my park avenue gets, thats on a 3800 v6 tho. they last a long time and using an intercooler is a great way to cool that air. lots of room to run duct and if you have a clutch fan you are always cooling the air a bit because those intake temps get quite warm

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
225k on my stock supercharger, m90, and it only has had one oil change and it stank so bad i wanted to cry, and a new coupler that couples the pulley to the beautiful turbines that make a beautiful induction noise i live for and pay way too much to hear everytime i drive somewhere

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
The m90 is too small for practical use on a 350. Yes you can spin it faster but now you generate more heat. They also weren't designed for wet use so you'd have to go blow through which makes mounting location difficult and not near as easy as draw through for basic engine management.Once my current projects are done all my hotrod stuff will be blown. Here is the logic. I can spend 3000.00 bolt on a blower and drive something with respectable performance the same day.Boost cars don't require better heads to run good, so there's some savings they don't even require a cam upgrade. .If/when it blows up a 300 jy engine,swap on the blower and going again in a weekend. When I get bored I can sell the car and keep the blower, for another project. etc.etc. Sure a purpose built engine for a blower is going to run better than a stock motor with a blower, but a stock motor with a blower is still respectable. Everyone's going to argue this that and the other, but as an example when chevrolet turbocharged the corvair in 1960 something. Their best heads were the 140hp heads, chevrolet used the 90hp heads a primitive turbo set up and still made 180 hp. Guys turned up the boost and made even more.

Last edited:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
As far as supercharger if you wanted to do little engine internal work but still have boost like vbb said, you could consider an eaton m90. considered inefficient and on the weak end, it would likely be a cheap option to get 6-8 pounds. thats what my park avenue gets, thats on a 3800 v6 tho. they last a long time and using an intercooler is a great way to cool that air. lots of room to run duct and if you have a clutch fan you are always cooling the air a bit because those intake temps get quite warm

I'm curious to hear how you think this will work on a carbed 350. Or any carbed engine.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I'm curious to hear how you think this will work on a carbed 350. Or any carbed engine.
i didnt realize OP is staying carbed. Im not sure how those systems work but as for EFI goes i saw some posts online about making that setup on a SBC

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
i didnt realize OP is staying carbed. Im not sure how those systems work but as for EFI goes i saw some posts online about making that setup on a SBC

Sure You can put one on an SBC. It's a 90 cid blower. That pictured weiand is 140 something, and I'm going with the 170 cube version. O.P. is running EFI but it's wet manifold so it will have to be blow through which will complicate blower mounting and engine management.All to run an undersized blower overdriven that still will make too much heat with not enough boost.Sure it can be done. I can do it, I wouldn't do it.Too much work for too little gain.

A little simple math he has a 5.7 you have a 3.8 spinning he has approximately 50 percent more displacement than you and will need approximately a 50 percent larger blower than you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uberbeans