Is this rare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottserado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a camper that was originally made for my squarebody that I bought today with the truck it was on only had 34,000 miles but the campers mint so is this rare?

You must be registered for see images attach

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've come across several. I think it depends on where you are located. I have picked up a few over the years for little or nothing. I have a similar one for my old Ford, but only use it a couple of tomes a year and it sits in the garage the rest of the time.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Are you asking if camper covers are rare? I would say no. I would say there more rare than they were in the 80s for these trucks though.

Are you sure that's 34,000 or 134,000 miles?:):33:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I have a camper that was originally made for my squarebody that I bought today with the truck it was on only had 34,000 miles but the campers mint so is this rare?

Good lookin solid square though!!!

Scottserado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Are you asking if camper covers are rare? I would say no. I would say there more rare than they were in the 80s for these trucks though.

Are you sure that's 34,000 or 134,000 miles?:):33:
The camper I got it from the truck had sat for around 3 years so it’s dirty but no faded paint

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
If it was made when the truck was new, yes it's fairly rare and parts are hard to find. You can get the parts but usually a universal part that may need modifying something for it to fit. I bought an old Stockland camper and there's no Stockland parts available anywhere. Even the t-handle locks can't be found. The Stockland locks have a specific mounting style. I had to drill new holes about 45 degrees from the original holes to mount new ones.

Scottserado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If it was made when the truck was new, yes it's fairly rare and parts are hard to find. You can get the parts but usually a universal part that may need modifying something for it to fit. I bought an old Stockland camper and there's no Stockland parts available anywhere. Even the t-handle locks can't be found. The Stockland locks have a specific mounting style. I had to drill new holes about 45 degrees from the original holes to mount new ones.
Mine was bought new with the truck from local dealer the only problem with it is a missing black window and a broke t handle

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Maybe this is a Canadian thing but we call that a TOPPER, not a camper lol.
Haha, either would be acceptable for a bed enclosure. The actual camper would be called a slide-in or a slide-in camper.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
I always thought they were called a "cap". What's that next to the van in the first pic?

:cheers:
I was gonna say the same thing. Then I saw you're also from NH lol. Maybe it's a New England thing?

I've never heard anything called a camper other than an actual camper, like a slide in or trailer or RV. I have always called that a "cap" but have heard "bed topper" before a few times too

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
I was gonna say the same thing. Then I saw you're also from NH lol. Maybe it's a New England thing?

I've never heard anything called a camper other than an actual camper, like a slide in or trailer or RV. I have always called that a "cap" but have heard "bed topper" before a few times too

Must be. I'm from Mass and always called it a cap

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Must be. I'm from Mass and always called it a cap
Yeah I grew up in CT and that's what they were called there too. Funny how confusing it can be when you learn your truth was nothing more than a regional preference all along

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rons59