Intermittent Wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mslaven04

Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hi, This is my first post here, and I know most are going to say to do a search and that there are other threads, but I can't seem to find one that is relevant to my situation.

So some backstory, I have a 1978 chevy k20 that I bought an 80's wiper motor for and the wiper switch and managed to track down two intermittent wiper modules. However my problem is that now that I have replaced the capacitors in the pulse module the wipers only run in what seems to be low speed, and they don't pulse at all in intermittent. They also don't seem to be able to park, since if I turn off the wipers, they will keep going until the capacitors run out of charge, or I use the washer pump to manually run them till they are down.

And on the first wiper module, I had to use a ****** soldering iron, so I accidentally burnt up one of the SRC's(I think that is what it is?) the thing that is in a to-220 case and needs the heatsink. So now I'm down to one that still works, but it does the same thing. And I have checked my motors wiring, off of the diagram, and it is all correct. So any help in troubleshooting or if you know what the problem is would be super helpful. Also, I don't have pictures but can post some later if needed. But if anyone knows what the SRC in the middle is(model wise) and where I can get new ones, that would be awesome to know. Thank you in advance for any help given.

Oh and by not pulsing at all I mean it just basically runs in low speed.

-Mason

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Did you ever get this figured out? Does in run on low speed when intermittent is selected, or not run at all?

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If it makes you feel better, I replaced every component in the steering column, added a new multifunction switch and pulse module. After all that, the POS does essentially what yours does. Wonderful 45 year old technology.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20