interior spray liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I posted about this in my build thread, but thought this might reach more people.

I'm looking for an interior spray product that can achieve a really thick build. lizardskin is already on my radar. if you have any other suggestions or know how thick this product can actually be laid down if you kept coating it, I'd appreciate it. bed liner is a no go as are most exterior coating products. I already have 3m dynapro for the exterior of the floors and undercarriage.

thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

Squints

Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Lizard skin is the way to go for sure

Speedway1

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ls1
U pol raptor on amazon or napa priced right my buddy uses it on all his hot rod builds inner floor pans and chassis makes for a great sound deadening as well

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
My plan is Al's HNR and some insulation for the vette.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I ended up getting these glass/polymer micro beads from an aircraft supply. It and latex base are what lizardskin is made out of. They’ve used it for aircraft sound deadening coatings for a long time.

Instead of $150 for two gallons, it’s $10/gallon for the beads + whatever you pay for exterior latex per gallon. You can get “oops” paint from Home Depot for almost nothing if you aren’t particular about the color, or they can match your paint if you’d like.

evl

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I have used the ceramic micro ballons in latex paint also and it works great. You can mix them into the paint however thick you want, and you can do multiple coats. I mixed mine very thick and brushed it on. Best part about this is the price.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I have used the ceramic micro ballons in latex paint also and it works great. You can mix them into the paint however thick you want, and you can do multiple coats. I mixed mine very thick and brushed it on. Best part about this is the price.
What ratio by volume did you use? I was going to start at 1:1...

cooperhw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
1978, 1981, 1983
Truck Model
C-10, K-20, C-20
Engine Size
5.7L
I posted about this in my build thread, but thought this might reach more people.

I'm looking for an interior spray product that can achieve a really thick build. lizardskin is already on my radar. if you have any other suggestions or know how thick this product can actually be laid down if you kept coating it, I'd appreciate it. bed liner is a no go as are most exterior coating products. I already have 3m dynapro for the exterior of the floors and undercarriage.

thanks!

I did two types of Lizard skin (each took two coats). One coat for sound and one for noise. Sure wish i would have done it at the beginning of the build before "ANY" type of paint, primer, or sealer was installed. it was a beech masking off the world to keep the product off painted surfaces. Difficult to get off the louvers on the bottom
side of the doors when you omit masking them off. Pic just for grins.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I did two types of Lizard skin (each took two coats). One coat for sound and one for noise. Sure wish i would have done it at the beginning of the build before "ANY" type of paint, primer, or sealer was installed. it was a beech masking off the world to keep the product off painted surfaces. Difficult to get off the louvers on the bottom
side of the doors when you omit masking them off. Pic just for grins.
I’d be paranoid about paint like that too! I really like the silver band you did to separate the two colors. Mine won’t look that nice for a while if ever. I’m planning on plopping the body back down on the frame as-is. Might do body and paint in a few years, but nothing I’ll be afraid of getting a few brush scratches on.

cooperhw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
1978, 1981, 1983
Truck Model
C-10, K-20, C-20
Engine Size
5.7L
I’d be paranoid about paint like that too! I really like the silver band you did to separate the two colors. Mine won’t look that nice for a while if ever. I’m planning on plopping the body back down on the frame as-is. Might do body and paint in a few years, but nothing I’ll be afraid of getting a few brush scratches on.
I hear ya. I have another 78 i am going to build with a low buck approach. inline 6 motor with a NV4500 5 speed, probably no paint, at least for quite some time. want it to be a daily driver when i am done.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
This sounds like an excellent thing to do to all the drivers that I have in the driveway.
Thanks for the post on this stuff...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito