Interior color match

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1978k15gmc

Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
The interior on my 78 GMC Sierra Classic is definitely sun faded. Im not sure how to find out what the original colors were for the interior. If the interior RPO code is buckskin does that mean everything's buckskin or would the dash be tan and the carpet be buckskin etc. I guess my question is how did GM put together the interior colors. Was it one or multiple?

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Here’s an original ‘78 Buckskin interior

Attachments

• 44C1EBCD-7B08-4DF3-96F3-CBF9CE9AC8AF.jpeg
    44C1EBCD-7B08-4DF3-96F3-CBF9CE9AC8AF.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 165

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Here’s an original ‘78 Buckskin interior
Looks like my 78 k10, buckskin with black exterior.
My hard plastic moldings, eg a-pillar and headliner, are also a little lighter than the door panels.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
My ‘75 GMC has a Buckskin interior, but the dash pad is definitely a darker brown. I have Silverado trim, but I don’t know if that makes a difference.

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
i found a clean pieces to get scan and have the righ color code to make color match!:)

Attachments

• _DSC5127.jpg
    _DSC5127.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 91

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
The interior on my 78 GMC Sierra Classic is definitely sun faded. Im not sure how to find out what the original colors were for the interior. If the interior RPO code is buckskin does that mean everything's buckskin or would the dash be tan and the carpet be buckskin etc. I guess my question is how did GM put together the interior colors. Was it one or multiple?
My 78 Chevy Silverado was also "Buckskin" but finding TRUE buckskin is hard. If you order different parts from different vendors, every "Buckskin" will be different. So, my suggestion is find a vendor that has everything you want/need and then you will have to recolor the rest. My truck came with Buckskin door panels, seats, seatbelts, visors and headliner, the carpet was a more tan, and the dash was more brown. I refurbished mine as close to original as I could get. Picture attached. Not sure why the interior had the different colors.....maybe to break up all the "Buckskin"???? Anyway, you need any suggestions or help, just give me a shout.

Attachments

• Interior1.jpg
    Interior1.jpg
    631.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Interior2.jpg
    Interior2.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

1978k15gmc

Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
My 78 Chevy Silverado was also "Buckskin" but finding TRUE buckskin is hard. If you order different parts from different vendors, every "Buckskin" will be different. So, my suggestion is find a vendor that has everything you want/need and then you will have to recolor the rest. My truck came with Buckskin door panels, seats, seatbelts, visors and headliner, the carpet was a more tan, and the dash was more brown. I refurbished mine as close to original as I could get. Picture attached. Not sure why the interior had the different colors.....maybe to break up all the "Buckskin"???? Anyway, you need any suggestions or help, just give me a shout.
awesome thanks, what vendors do you recommend?

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
awesome thanks, what vendors do you recommend

I ordered the carpet from Stock interiors (https://www.stockinteriors.com/ ), the dash pad, visors and headliner from USA1 ( https://www.usa1industries.com/ ), the door panels, all door trim and arm rests from LMC. I really liked working with USA1. They supposedly have the GM correct color codes for the year, make and models GM produced. For $20 they have a sample kit of all the interior finishes (carpet, pad, headliner and vinyl seat covers). You can purchase an entire interior kit which includes everything including the trim. I didn't get my door panels from them because as fate would have it, the door panels became a part of the supply chain debaucle and I waited 6 months and they still had no estimate for restock/ship date. I really wanted to buy from them, but it didn't happen and I went with LMC. USA1 is great with customer service, very helpful and has videos to show you how to install most things and explaining differences between model years. They also use FedEx 2-day, so shipping is always pricey, but if it you need it now and do not want to wait a week, then not an issue. What I did find is that Buckskin from one company was a totally different color from another.

If you need any other help, let me know. Good luck and have fun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128