Interior and dash Pad replacement (and finding them)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-ROD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Where actually carries a real dash pad, the original, not the cover the half way looks real from afar, not sure how the LMC covers look but I've heard 99.5% of people say to find original style dash pad or replacement it's hard to get, not sure but could someone possibly post some pics of they're dash pad in something similar to mine like 84-91 blazer suburban or mid 80s truck, I have an 85 K10, I also need good carpet and sound deadening, thinking about a new steering column, gauges and cluster panel, all the original look though, the truck I basically am building to be a new truck, already new 350 bottom to top, aluminized exhaust, transmission, and all mounts, and went through almost all electrical, and parts, including power windows distributor, I've done many recent improvements, even a lot of steering and suspension, just curious where and how to get the real deal on things, I respect parts that gives the look it did new, I remember how it seemed hard to find some things for sure, but I've done most, just curious about dash pad mainly, and can the other one be rebuilt or re covered?

T-ROD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Do you think it'd still be cheaper than a new one after shipping & all? If they even have a new one anywhere

T-ROD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks, yea USA-1 looks like it's decently priced, do you know if they are the metal backed ones? I've heard from other members threads that some of them are plastic and not quite the original pad style in ways of not being of the same quality, if not maybe I can call and see.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
There are no NOS ones to be found that I am aware of so you are at the hands of the people that re-do them or sell the knockoffs, or you can go and visit an upholsterer and have it redone very nicely. I have a guy in the DFW area that I will probably have do mine in leather and stitching for a cost of about 350 USD. I figure its a little more than one of the reproduction units but the dash pad is original to my truck, and the finish is far superior to any of the oem type replacement's in my opinion.

Here is a link to the finished work for a similar dash as a reference:

You must be registered for see images

Well worth 350 bucks in my opinion. I might even have him do something with the door panels to match it all up if possible. I'm trying to go with a no chrome (or anything shiny) theme...

T-ROD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Kinda sharp, I actually like that, I thought about doing black, VB but the truck always held the memories for me and changing it might change the feel completely, but Im going with it in my 91 K5, I'm getting it soon and I'm wanting the black interior and carpeted kick panels and bottom door panels, I thought maybe it'd be cool too to go with something like the newer Tahoe and suburban ltz's use, it's a black with chrome trim and woodgrain, maybe it's an option on ours but I'm not sure of it as a factory option though, but my 85 K10 4x4 is Maroon with black and brushed aluminum looking chrome, it's kinda nice for an 85 though, I always thought it looked sharp together.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I'm probably going to go with black on the door panels and dash, then that medium grey on the carpet and dark seat covers. Once I do the side panels in the back I will probably do them in black vinyl, and then I'll repaint the trim pieces and the inside of the top to match the grey of the carpet. I'm actually thinking of putting some noise reducing material on it, something like Lizard Skin, and I think that comes a shade of grey that might match (or maybe it can be color tinted if it is a light color)

Right now i have some seats out of a 2004 Yukon for the front so they'll be electric, but they are cloth and I might just wash and clean them and see what color they really are. Right now they are so dirty it's hard to tell if they are a dark shade of blue or grey or faded black, lol.... If worse comes to worse maybe I can dye them or replace them with a good set of cloth seats. I don't really want to go with leather or vinyl because I remember how much the seats used to burn my ass up in my old 77...

JTWard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Silverado
Engine Size
350 Gasoline
Just Dashes can restore your's. I don't know the cost.

http://www.justdashes.com/about-us/

I used these guys when I rebuilt my interior on my 1988 Blazer. The truck came from SW Texas, and the interior really wasn't bad for a 28 year old interior, but the dash pad was shot from the intense sun heat. ( FWIW the temperature of the sun is 5890 degrees?) But I bought from Justdashes.com. These are real dash dashboards, not some cheap cover. There really not too hard to install and if you take yours out you'll see just how little is holding the old dash in, 6 screws and off it came with a little tugging. But they have steel inside the dash and you get 5-6 . steel fingers to insert in the metal at the front off. I still need to take off the leather off color steering wheel cover, I found one in the exact color of the dash itself.
You must be registered for see images attach

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I used these guys when I rebuilt my interior on my 1988 Blazer. The truck came from SW Texas, and the interior really wasn't bad for a 28 year old interior, but the dash pad was shot from the intense sun heat. ( FWIW the temperature of the sun is 5890 degrees?) But I bought from Justdashes.com. These are real dash dashboards, not some cheap cover. There really not too hard to install and if you take yours out you'll see just how little is holding the old dash in, 6 screws and off it came with a little tugging. But they have steel inside the dash and you get 5-6 . steel fingers to insert in the metal at the front off. I still need to take off the leather off color steering wheel cover, I found one in the exact color of the dash itself.
You must be registered for see images attach

So how much?

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Nice video and his dashes aren't too overpriced. Looks like quality work too.

:waytogo:

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Nice video and his dashes aren't too overpriced. Looks like quality work too.

:waytogo:

Those prices are not too bad at all. Better than paying 1500 for your old dash reskinned.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg