INstall heater core, etc..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Nelson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Hey, I have a new project truck. The previous owner was using it a s strictly mud truck, and welded the firewall smooth to keep everything clean.

I live in the frozen tundra of the north, and I kinda need a heater.

All of the heater parts are gone inside and out of the truck, and I am thinking to myself, this may be an opportunity to go with an easier to maintain, cheaper setup than stock.

So, any ideas for a low buck, simple install for a heatercore, and fan, with basically windsheild defrost and maybe shooting down at feet with a simple switch?

I would like to keep the firewall clean looking, so I'd Ideally like to have to only drill a couple holes for the heater hoses to go through, and the heater core, and fan all contained inside.

Would like it to be as compact as possible. Lets face it, there isn't a lot of area to heat in these trucks, and usually you end up cooking yourself out of them with the heat on even halfway..

What ideas do y'all have?

I am even open to a simple heated seat arrangement with just enough heat to defrost the windsheild.

I'm looking for outside the box ideas, yet keeping things simple and easy to get at for mainteneance.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I think Vintage Air has an A/C and heat kit that is designed to convert a non-A/C truck over to have A/C. I've never seen one installed, but the pictures look like most of the parts are inside the cab, under the dash where you can't see them.

Bruce

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Flex-A-Lite makes this heater with a plenum box you can add to plumb defrost tubes. About $280 for both pieces.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Christian Nelson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Hmm, how easy would it be to get, say a replacement heater core for flex a lite, or vintage air?

I was thinking maybe a cheap heater core, and fan out of a stock car, and fab up some sheet metal under the glove box type thing. But, those look like good easy to install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pete08