Input seal and clutch sm465

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Senck243

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
Input shaft seal leaked and oil soaked the clutch. So yesterday I took the transfer case(208) and the tranny out. I and gonna put a whole new clutch and flywheel slave cylinder and throwout bearing in. Also my rear main is seeping so I am gonna replace that as well. Anything else I should do while its out? Thanks in advance

Sent from hell

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
It might not be a bad time to look over the transfer case and tranny for anything that might need to be done. Otherwise, sounds like you've got it covered with the rear main and the full clutch kit.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Have the flywheel resurfaced if it looks blistered. I would also consider doing the rear main oil seal if it looks like it needs it.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Be sure to change the pilot shaft bushing while you are in there, I got a AC Delco clutch kit off rock auto for cheap. Interesting fact about the flywheels, you can buy a brand new one at NAPA for a little more than the cost of re surfacing the old one. I too would recommend the rear main seal while you are in there.

Senck243

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
Thanks everyone. I am gonna get my clutch and new flywheel from the local napa. I am gonna do the pilot bushing also

Sent from hell

juicedimpss

Reaction score
First Name
Hank
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Be sure to change the pilot shaft bushing while you are in there, I got a AC Delco clutch kit off rock auto for cheap. Interesting fact about the flywheels, you can buy a brand new one at NAPA for a little more than the cost of re surfacing the old one. I too would recommend the rear main seal while you are in there.

my only issue with those flywheels that are just over the cost of a resurface is think about what you are getting...
the offshore stuff is scarey.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128