Inner mirror bracket for driver's side doesn't seem to fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

efuehrin

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I bought new premium doors from LMC and am working on installing the mirrors. The "dumbo" mirrors.
The passenger side went great but the driver's side inner bracket seems too short. It's just under a 1/2" from the outer shell.

At this point I'm planning on welding in a short piece to make it the length I need but something still seems off.

Has anyone ever ran into this type of issue?
Thanks,
You must be registered for see images attach

efuehrin

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well I think I figured out my own problem. I noticed that the hole on my original door was higher than the hole on the new door.
It's about an inch lower. Once I move it up, it is much closer to fitting.
Old door

New Door

MikecLA

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I got these brackets from LMC today and I’m trying to figure out how they mount your pictures are helping. I don’t have the hole on the inner door panel and I’m wondering if my mirrors are mounted in the right place as this truck used to have sport mirrors. Do the brackets sit in their vertical up and down and bolt to the top front mirror bolt on the outside? Thanks.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size

1977Big10

Reaction score
First Name
KillerBee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
New to Chevy trucks and have a lot to learn. Recently purchased a 1977 Big10 and just received my new mirrors and brackets from LMC. Was immediately confused after noticing that the brackets are different sizes. Also, my doors don't have holes for the Dumbo mirrors, so don't know where to place the brackets or mount the mirrors. Does anyone know if there's a template for the holes on the doors where the mounting hardware attaches?

saltdog

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Suburban
Engine Size
The instruction sheet the @Snoots added is way better than the factory manual illustrations! Nice to see that LMC is finally selling those brackets since without them the mirrors vibrate- previously had to find at boneyard. I'll be replacing door shells and and wonder if anyone has the measurements for where to drill the holes?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota