In-Bed Spare Tire Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kilian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
K
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 hopefully converting to K2500
Engine Size
Does anyone make an aftermarket in-bed spare tire mount for 73-87 trucks? Or, has someone crafted one of their own and could share a picture? I keep the spare in the bed of my 83 GMC and am tired of it always being in the way...would like to mount it to bed but hard to find original in-bed mount setup. Thanks.

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Have you been looking for the Blazer in cab tire carrier as well?

You must be registered for see images attach

Or building your own?...

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
My 78 still has the factory in bed carrier but i dont use it due to my tool box. My spare rides around on the bed floor against my tool box.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Does anyone make an aftermarket in-bed spare tire mount for 73-87 trucks? Or, has someone crafted one of their own and could share a picture? I keep the spare in the bed of my 83 GMC and am tired of it always being in the way...would like to mount it to bed but hard to find original in-bed mount setup. Thanks.

I used a chunk of the underbed carrier to make one for my stepside (any metal with a shallow hat cross section would do).

Put a slot in it and bolted it to the bedside.

k

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Here is the best picture i can show you due to my tool box. Factory in box spare holder. 78 c10

Bob Igram

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Ive made my own for two of my fleet......both mount in the left front corner of the beds, using 1-1/2" angle and 2" square tubing.....Angle was horizontal, tubing vertical, and welded together. 2 carriage bolts secure the horizontal to the top of the bed rail, and a 1/2" bolt long enough to go through the wheel was welded to the tubing....I like to always have a tow chain in any of my trucks, and on the truck without a lumber rack i welded a heavy duty D ring to the angle, while on the truck with lumber rack, i just wrapped the chain around the rack, and through the wheel center, a good padlock and good to go.......As the carriage bolts had nuts and washers under the bed rail, the locked tire/wheel/mount assembly basically meant that while locked in place my spare and tow chain were resistant to thieves

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
They're $40 at LMC (in bed tire carrier), and I'm sure you can get them elsewhere.
Not much to it, though, if you want to fab one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell