Im kinda sad/ticked off....Lund Visor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
So today a lund visor popped up on the market. Add said squarebody visors. 2 without lights one with light sockets but no lights. I jumped on it and he said they were still available. Score. These things usually don't last a hour and there gone. I was in sorta a rush and the two without lights were in really ruff shape but the one with light sockets but no lights was never painted. Little beat up but nothing I can't fix.

So excited to see how it looks on the suburban it don't fit and the bloody thing is for a 89 to 98 chevy. After cleaning the layers of dust off it sure as heck I found a part number. Messaged the guy and he said he's going to check the other ones. Haven't heard from him now for 8 hours. Pretty sure I'm stuck with it. Paid good for it too. Son of a gun

But it did some mock ups and not afraid of fiberglass. The boat still floats and hasn't broken in half. Do I a modification or b try to resale..if anyone reading this has one could they measure some things me thanks

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
So today a lund visor popped up on the market. Add said squarebody visors. 2 without lights one with light sockets but no lights. I jumped on it and he said they were still available. Score. These things usually don't last a hour and there gone. I was in sorta a rush and the two without lights were in really ruff shape but the one with light sockets but no lights was never painted. Little beat up but nothing I can't fix.

So excited to see how it looks on the suburban it don't fit and the bloody thing is for a 89 to 98 chevy. After cleaning the layers of dust off it sure as heck I found a part number. Messaged the guy and he said he's going to check the other ones. Haven't heard from him now for 8 hours. Pretty sure I'm stuck with it. Paid good for it too. Son of a gun

But it did some mock ups and not afraid of fiberglass. The boat still floats and hasn't broken in half. Do I a modification or b try to resale..if anyone reading this has one could they measure some things me thanks
I dont think I'd try to modify it, but then again fiberglass isnt my thing. I think I'd be worth more as a sale/trade.

I have a lund visor on the 86, I could take measurements for you.

I also have 10 '88-'98 GMT400 age trucks, and wouldnt mind having one for one of them... if your selling let me know.

Mine:
You must be registered for see images attach

Mine never had lights when I got it, but I made my own lights for it out of Christmas lights. I thought if you can run 50 lights on 120volt, so you should be able to run 5 on 12volt theoretically. After some wiring and fitting, it worked, works perfectly.

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Hey thanks. I maybe be selling if this guy doesn't do good and let me return it.

It would be the width measurement I want. I looks kinda narrow on the suburban but its tough to tell. I really can't find any pictures of one dead straight on. I am noticing now that I've looked at multiple ones now what to look for. The one I got has no mounting point on the A pillars.

I'll see if a can stick it to the truck some how tomorrow morning and see how much modification it would really need instead of buddy holding it.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Maybe he's looking for the correct one he owes you.. trying to be optimistic.
Was this a private deal or he is a vendor?

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!

I don't think you'll end up stuck with that visor, you have an option waiting right here.
But your vendor guy needs to straighten out.

Anyway fwiw, yes you can modify and 'fit' fiberglass all day with the right tools. However it's work and time.. messy as fak.. and if your mucking around on the painted surface that adds a LOT more work. Feathering and blending.. you still need to use bondo. And like three coats of primer at least. IMO any fiberglass bolt on could use some 'fitting'. Even factory Corvette body parts need massaging (so I've heard).
My son had a square with a Lund on it.. from what I could see just on the ground walkaround... it should have been massaged. One side was maybe thicker at least at the contact-to-cab spots and it sat higher and with larger gaps.
Fiberglass is a party, wear your covid mask!

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
It was a private sale. Seemed like a good guy. He didn't message me till noon yesterday so ill see what happens here.

This is how it fits. Not bad. Little adding on the sides. I've fiberglassed stringers on a boat so have alot of Mat left over. Just a matter of molding the first layer. It just looks a little narrow on the truck.

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Well he got back to me and the other ones he had were the same as I got. So I asked him if I could get my money back since you said it was for a squarebody but it was not and got no response back. I'll try again today. If not oh well live and learn right.

@AyWoSch Motors I would sell it to you but I think shipping would cost a arm and a leg.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You can buy those new from Summit Racing. That's where I got mine a year or two ago. Price is reasonable, I think I paid less than $150 with the recessed led lights.

Attachments

• IMG_20210619_180440429.jpg
    IMG_20210619_180440429.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 92

rusted nuts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
4cly diesel
Not even close. Damn.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
New Lund visors are $250- $300+ USD.
I was lucky mine was in pretty good shape but had a good size chunk missing off of one corner.
A flattened beer can made a pretty decent mold to lay up some kitty hair against.

rustprimer

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Found this on Kijiji Ontario Type add # 1640304842
Hope this helps. Joe

Latest posts