Ignition Switch replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrPrepper

Reaction score
First Name
Dwight
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
400ci
After removing the ignition switch....I'm having some issues replacing it with a new one.
The angle of the rod seems wrong but....both switches are the same,and the old one came out. Tilt wheel
Not a fan of putting things together wrong. hoping the experience here on this forum can give me a idea of how this goes together.
Searched the internet,didn't find the answer I'm looking for.
I'll be checking back
Thanks

DrPrepper

Reaction score
First Name
Dwight
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
400ci
So ...once it cooled off a little...I made my way out to the truck to have another look at how things in my mind could fit together.....Hmmmm turned the switch over and ....yep...fell right in place
I'm never afraid to go ahead and tell on myself.
PS. truck still doesn't start

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
As for starting, check neutral switch. A lot of trucks over time require a bump on the shifter towards park for neutral switch to engage

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Use a test light to check for power on the yellow wire while hiding the key in the crank position. If you have power, check for power at the purple wire at the neutral safety switch. If you have power there, check for power on the purple wire at the starter. If you have power there, you have either starter or solenoid issues, or battery cable issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iiixtremeiii