i may want to take the grill and rad support off.............

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fussfeld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
j
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-10
Engine Size
4.3 v-6 262CID
What would be involved with taking only the grill and radiator core support out? Not the entire front clip. (This is an 83)

Since i need a new trans, the engine could use some engine stand tuning AND i need a new radiator, i'm thinking this is a good way to go? Although, if too much work, i can do it the conventional way.

If i did do this and removed the engine and trans at the same time, would i need to undo the trans crossmember? (TH-350, 2wd)

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Well, to get to the radiator core support all you have to take off is the front bumper, radiator, fenders, and all the stuff attached to the core support... The good news is you can leave the hood on, unless you want to us a sawzall.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
It's pretty easy. I started with the grille and bumper. Here's a photo of my '85 last year. I had the right wheel well out as I was working on the A/C. I only had to unbolt the 2 bolts on back of the left fender well to give a little flex to get the core support out (See second photo It's the two larger holes). Never touched the fender bolts at the cab.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Sorry, I meant take loose the fenders from the core support, not completely off!!! I guess I wasn't clear on that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128