Hub centric rings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRec

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
400ci SBC
Can someone help me figure out rings or caps for the bore gap? I’m unfamiliar with aftermarket rims and trying to research and learn. Don’t want to risk stressing the lugs.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The wheels for these trucks should all be lug centric. The lug nuts have a ramp which centers the wheels.

However, if one is so inclined to get hub centric rings to close that gap. Using a dial caliper, measure the OD of the hub and the ID of the wheel. Then call any hub centric company and have them make you a set. Most I've ever seen are plastic, some aluminum, none are made to bear alot of weight so its not something that will hold up to anything the lugs would not be able to hold up to themselves.

If it were me, I'd put on some center caps (push through style) for the manual hubs and call it good. You'd still need those measurements to pick the right size. And those caps always have a slight rattle to them.

JRec

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
400ci SBC
Thanks. The last set had those. Guess I’ll make sure my lug nuts are right and call it good

GXPWeasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
1982 | 2015
Truck Model
Sierra C15 | Silverado Z71
Engine Size
5.0 | 5.3
The wheels for these trucks should all be lug centric. The lug nuts have a ramp which centers the wheels.

This is why when I rotate tires, or ever have the wheels off of anything (including when I worked for Ford / Chevy) I would install the wheel with all lug nuts finger tight, then lower the vehicle enough to get the tires to touch a bit, and not spin when I torque the nuts down a little. I don't let the full weight of the vehicle on the wheel until I have the lug nuts torqued to spec. Sure, it takes a bit more time, but you for sure have it centered, and won't get a vibration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL