How to get 2 inch drop on 91 r1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dtrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban R1500
Engine Size
350 cu in
hi All
What kit do I buy to get a 2 inch drop on my 91 gmc r1500 suburban?
Thanks
Dennis

varmit86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I would look for spindles up front and the shackle and hanger in the rear that should give 2 in front and 4 in the rear to level it out. might have to C notch the frame also or just do the shackle and that will give you 2 inches and should not hit.
there are alot of ways some cheaper but this is problem free.

Dtrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban R1500
Engine Size
350 cu in
Thanks for your help, I’m not sure how to c notch the frame, can I just use the shackles and 2 “ spindles in front without notching?

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks for your help, I’m not sure how to c notch the frame, can I just use the shackles and 2 “ spindles in front without notching?
Some say you can get away with a flip kit without notching. It would all depend on whether your axle hits the bump stop after you lower it and how much that bothers you. I notched my frame in my build thread with a cut off wheel and a sawzall. I didn't really make a guide there on how to do it but youtube has a ton of videos on it. Some notch kits if you go that route will have instructions and guides as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1