Hose control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
To control hoses you may need to get these hose separators from a Ebay vendor. a lot of people make them. They're made out of Aluminum with a hex screw to fasten the halves together.

You must be registered for see images attach
Put one half under the hoses and insert the screw into the hole and place the upper half over the hose and screw together.
These separators are for a AN-6 hose which in this case are my transmission hoses going to and coming from my trans. cooler. Even though I have Adel clamps on the hoses I wanted the middle section held firm and this separator works well for that purpose.
The screw as it turns out is a metric, or if you don't have a wrench like that I did use a Allen (hex) wrench of a .113". .125" is a 1/8th of an inch. Like everyone else I have Allen wrenches I don't even know where they came from and I keep them in a couple of bags. I just pulled out one that looked close and after a few finally found one. I have one metric Allen wrench set and I checked it to see if it was a metric size since so much is metric these days, and it was, a 3mm.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@CoggedBelt75,

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,!!! That's great! I love it!! Man, you look like you need some of those hose clamps more than I do just to keep that thing from flying outt'a there! Ha, ha, ha!!

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@CoggedBelt75,

I've seen your truck on this forum somewhere, where was it? I want my motor to look that yours when it grows up!

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@CoggedBelt75
My little small block. '70 -'74 Z28, 350 engine

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@CoggedBelt75,

I did put all the wires in that corrugated stuff. before that it was just that factory black self adhesive tape stuff. It looked terrible. You know it all wrinkled looking? So I took all of it off and loomed all the wire except the big battery wires there on the left. I left them because I need to get to those wires so I left them out. Yeah, it would look a bit cleaner looking, more hiding it than anything. I loomed all the wire in the truck except under the dash. Everywhere was that black factory tape stuff. I got rid of it all and put that corrugated on it.
That tape is weird. It's not sticky but it sticks to itself. Isn't it called "friction tape", like when you put it on you pull it kinda snug and that causes it to stick to itself? Do any of the car makers use it anymore? I haven't looked under other people's dash in decades. But people's engine bays all have corregate.

Last edited:

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@CoggedBelt75,

I found the photos of your truck. Now I remember where I saw them. I left a little note for you on that whatever it is, because I don't know how to get photo's over there on the right, or what it's called, it's not a thread, it's just some photo's. How do you get pic's over there on the right because I have some I'd like to put over there. How'd you do it?

Corvette Ed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I thought this was gonna be a story about some drunk.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
To control hoses you may need to get these hose separators from a Ebay vendor. a lot of people make them. They're made out of Aluminum with a hex screw to fasten the halves together.

Put one half under the hoses and insert the screw into the hole and place the upper half over the hose and screw together.
These separators are for a AN-6 hose which in this case are my transmission hoses going to and coming from my trans. cooler. Even though I have Adel clamps on the hoses I wanted the middle section held firm and this separator works well for that purpose.
The screw as it turns out is a metric, or if you don't have a wrench like that I did use a Allen (hex) wrench of a .113". .125" is a 1/8th of an inch. Like everyone else I have Allen wrenches I don't even know where they came from and I keep them in a couple of bags. I just pulled out one that looked close and after a few finally found one. I have one metric Allen wrench set and I checked it to see if it was a metric size since so much is metric these days, and it was, a 3mm.
youre a hose holder <3 joking LOL anyway thats nice clip better than ones I Saw. I have OEM GM PS line isolator that Is nice looking and would use those if the hose is something that sees pulses or would ground out with a solid connection to the frame or mount

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128