Holley sniper efi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badk20

Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
5.7L
looking at getting a holly sniper EFI kit for my 1977 k20 with a 350sbc

Just curious if anyone else is running one and how they like it ?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
@bluex is running one, and has been for a little while now.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Yep I probably have close to 5000 miles on it now. I'm pretty happy with it overall.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
There are various reviews on the different EFI options, and always quite a few successes and a few failures with each brand. However, the consist theme I see is that you need to spend some time on setting a good fuel feed into the system. Just tacking on an external EFI pump and a few extra lines may not work very well to make a system reliable.

You need a good EFI pump, properly located (in a baffled tank is best, mounted low on the frame should be okay), and you need all the right size feed and return lines hooked up with good quality fittings. The other option is to use a surge tank or similar device to ensure you always have fuel properly feeding to the EFI. I have considered the surge tank option, since you can still use your stock dual tanks and mechanical pump to feed the surge tank, and all the high pressure is between the surge tank and the EFI. One example is the Fitech Command Center 2, which includes the surge tank and pump as a unit. It looks pricey until you add up all the pieces you would need to build your own.

Bruce

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
The fuel supply is often the most overlooked item and causes a lot of grief.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
There are various reviews on the different EFI options, and always quite a few successes and a few failures with each brand. However, the consist theme I see is that you need to spend some time on setting a good fuel feed into the system. Just tacking on an external EFI pump and a few extra lines may not work very well to make a system reliable.

You need a good EFI pump, properly located (in a baffled tank is best, mounted low on the frame should be okay), and you need all the right size feed and return lines hooked up with good quality fittings. The other option is to use a surge tank or similar device to ensure you always have fuel properly feeding to the EFI. I have considered the surge tank option, since you can still use your stock dual tanks and mechanical pump to feed the surge tank, and all the high pressure is between the surge tank and the EFI. One example is the Fitech Command Center 2, which includes the surge tank and pump as a unit. It looks pricey until you add up all the pieces you would need to build your own.

Bruce

You can do an in tank pump with factory parts cheaper than that fuel sump garbage.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
In tank is super cheap. New 1987 baffled tank, sending unit and 60 psi pump are around $200.

Another small cost is to replace any rubber sections of fuel line with high pressure stuff and run 12v from the fuel pump wire on the sniper.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Spectra used to sell a setup that includes the tank and the sending unit (of which the sending unit is often quite expensive comparatively speaking) and then you can go online and get a reputable fuel pump for that sending unit. As others mentioned you want to get the parts from a TBI injected pickup, (or blazer or suburban if that is your poison). You can get reliable and non-chinese fake pumps from a supplier such as http://www.fuel-pumps.net/ If you try to get away with buying the cheapest chinese (amazon) pump you can find then you better make sure and buy multiples, and make your tank super accessible because you will end up needing to change them out, often at the worst time, like right after filling your tank (because the pump starts failing and you think maybe it's reporting the fuel level wrong and you fill your tank to make sure that isn't the issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave