Holley Blue Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris_1975C10

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
HI Everyone,

I have a Holley 750 fed by a Holley Blue Pump and the regulator that looks like the one that comes with most of the Blue pump / regulator kits (Came on the truck when I got it) there is no return line on this set up.

Other than being really loud, I have not had any issues with this set up, lately the pump sounds weird to me (like it’s struggling and not as high pitched as in the past) and I’ve been afraid to take the truck too far in fear that the pump will die. It also makes a purge sound on occasion which is new to me.

What’s the best way to diagnosis this pump? I don’t want to buy a new one just to have the same issues. I did go through the wiring and it looks ok and I cleaned the connections.

Thanks for any input.

Chris

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
With respect to diagnosis you can “rent” a pressure gauge kit from Autozone etc to check pressure while parked but if pressure is falling off it’s likely while under a load when driving.

A return style regulator and line back to the tank will greatly reduce pump stress and keep its temp down (ie; longer life).

It’s not cheap but an isolator with an in cab pressure gauge is amazingly helpful with diagnosing an electric pump.

varmit86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
A fuel pressure gauge is very helpful, the blue pump are ok but the failure rate of those cheap regulators is high. If I am going to use one of those pumps prefer using the Red one that does not need the regulator.
or spend the money on a BG or Aeromotive pump and regulator.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota