hockey puck body lift??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
I want to put a 1'' body lift on my flat bed hauler truck just the cab not the bed.

I have thought about getting some hockey pucks and using them for the 1'' body lift.

it will not really be used of road.

I was looking at diy4x they have aluminum 1'' blocks

I have seen hockey pucks used but never tried them myself I would never stack them for more than 1''.

I think just using 1 puck for a 1'' would be ok what do you guys think about a hockey puck body lift.

I think they are 3'' round by 1'' thick

the truck will not really be used to 4 wheel probably only maintained dirt roads and pavement.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I wouldn't do it. Hockey pucks were never meant for that. They can get brittle and crack.

DIY4X and ORD both have metal 1" body lift pucks and they are $6.30-$6.50 each. Not that expensive to do it correctly.

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
ya diy is actually cheaper on shipping just under 50 bucks for six of them shipped

ord is around 58 shipped for six of them

no bolts from either place at that price its just the blocks

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
ya diy is actually cheaper on shipping just under 50 bucks for six of them shipped

ord is around 58 shipped for six of them

no bolts from either place at that price its just the blocks

Just use grade 8 bolts with anti seize. I replaced mine this summer and the grade 8s are an upgrade over the stock bolts that were in there. cost me $10 for the bolts.

I think they were 1/2 or 9/16 cant remember now except that they take a 3/4 socket.

I replaced all my seat belt bolts on the floor as well. Good thing I did! The drivers side bolt snapped with virtually no effort when I was trying to get them out.

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well.. as for them splitting.. maybe the new ones do.. Seems my truck has a 1 inch hockey puck body lift on the whole truck.. Would i do it.. NOPE.. But i'm picky.. These have been in there for over 20 years.. Keeping in mind.. you NEED to move your fan shroud.. mine is broken due to this stunt done by the PO...

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Lol you Canadians and your hockey. You can just take the bottom half of your shroud. Some people say it will cause it to overheat, but mine never got hit with our 100 degree summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
lol I think electrics are the way to go anyway.

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Lol you Canadians and your hockey. You can just take the bottom half of your shroud. Some people say it will cause it to overheat, but mine never got hit with our 100 degree summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey now be nice.. I grew up in Texas.. The PO left the fan shroud in place.. its all shattered.. I took it out.. But up here you don't worry about over heating lol.. more worry about freezing your man parts off..

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hey now be nice.. I grew up in Texas.. The PO left the fan shroud in place.. its all shattered.. I took it out.. But up here you don't worry about over heating lol.. more worry about freezing your man parts off..

Giant soup cans with no insulation between the -30 outside weather and the interior of your truck... brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Giant soup cans with no insulation between the -30 outside weather and the interior of your truck... brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ohh.. I have dynamat and that glue on insulation stuff just waiting to go in my truck once i make sure i don't need to cut and weld on the body (I need to do cab corners and rocker panels)... Till then when its real cold i use my cummins..

Moving down to Vernon BC soon (hauling a load this weekend).
:cheers:

dirtroadoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
I did the DIY4X 1" aluminum pucks with grade 8 bolts & new poly body mounts. I'm not a fan of body lifts in the least but, since they're aluminum and only an inch, I chose them. They've made it that much easier to clean the underside of the rig after beating on it.

chevyman82

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Hockey pucks are pretty much crap. they rod out within a year if your lucky if you want a body lift spend the extra $ on a kit. But to me a 1 inch body lift is a waste of time and money for what you end up with

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128