Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy

Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Hello, first time posting here. My apologies if I'm asking something that's been asked before but I'm not finding any concrete answers when I search. I've got a 78 1/2 ton GMC SWB I've recently started fixing up a bit. Here's my problem. I ordered and installed a DJM 3/5 lowering kit, which consist of the DJM tubular lower control arms in front and a flip kit in the rear. After installing the front and rear components my front sits slightly under 2 inches taller in the front. I'd be content with the truck just sitting level. With the control arms I've used I assume that cutting a little of my coils would be not a good option because there potentially could be issues with bottoming out with the shorter spring. Am I correct on that or could I possibly cut a little off the coils and not have any issues? If that isn't a viable option could I add a leaf to the rear spring pack to get the rear up a little bit to level the truck out? Thanks in advance.

You must be registered for see images attach

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
LoL.

Tough break!

1 coil = 2 inches.

Get ya a cut off wheel and put it in a bucket of water.

Tobe's84Jimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tobe
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra Classic
Engine Size
5.7 350
i would try raising the back before cutting the springs, good luck

Latest posts