Help! Four Link bushings falling apart.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian J Cuellar

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy C10
Engine Size
I'm working on finishing up my truck and I noticed that the four link bushing are crumbling and falling apart. This is the second set I have put in, as I figured the first set were just dry rotted. It seems to be primarily the bottom link bars and I wondering if the force of the air bags are part of the problem?? I have not driven this truck, just raising and lowing in the garage as I work on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If polyurethane, are they name brand like ProThane or Energy Suspension? And did you use their silicone grease?

Also, the bolt goes through a metal spacer that's slightly wider than the bushings, right? Those spacers keep the bushing from being compressed.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Not to be a smart-Alec, but have you had someone look look real close at the welding that knows what to look for?

I may be wrong, but they look like rubber bushings. I’d imagine you’d want urethane bushings on anything with that much travel.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Brian J Cuellar,

Polyurethane doesn't fall apart like that, in pieces. It appears to me what you have is what's called "Delrane" or something like that. It's a hard plastic. Some new performance suspension parts use it because it's real slippery but a hard plastic. You don't have to put silicone on it or anything, you just put them in and that's it. It seems they have dried out and are falling apart. The other thing about them is they don't take impact, shock, or twist well. They're just slippery and don't require lubrication.

Did you put these in or did someone else do it for you? They probably used the Delrane and should have used polyurthane so it could squash and flex around all over like it does. I would change these out soon. Energy Suspension will work with you for whatever you need.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Are you running the bolts in basically hand tight? Then dropping the truck on its own weight and then torquing? You don’t wanna torque it unsprung or unbagged in your case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54