Hello, new to the site, gathering info on GMC sierra classic v1500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
My son got out of the Army recently and bought a 87 square body, he knows how to take apart a Black hawk helicopter, service all the components with the exception of the jet motor and put it all back together again, but he has yet to understand that his helicopter mechanic skills are usable when working on his truck. I am helping him understand that it really doesn't matter where the assembly came from, the same rules apply. You use tools to take apart the assembly, you inspect everything for wear and breakage, replace bad parts, put assembly back together.

I am really enjoying being a Dad and teaching him all the life skills I have available while I still can. He is starting to get more comfortable working on the truck. It took him a while to realize I actually know a bit. I had to wait for him to go through the agony of having a professional mechanic do chit work for crazy prices and still not fix the problem, then wait until he came to me for help to be able to show him how to trouble shoot the issues the truck was having.

I will be here from time to time for research, but would be happy to share any knowledge I have acquired over the years from working on 3rd generation Chargers and a few Chevy products. I'm in the home electronics business and have a few clients that have me work on odd projects, like installing new dash electrical and adding turn signals on a 41 Ford pick up and a Jeep rock crawler with a Corvette crate motor and transmission, had to trouble shoot electrical issues with on the jeep after he paid big bucks for the Corvette conversion, the motor & trans needed its factory computer but the jeep needed to retain it's computer to control everything inside the cab as well as the dash. They gave him no map of the electrical changes they made to the jeep wiring loom when they cut sensors from one computer and moved it to the new computer.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome:

Babs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet CUCV
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome aboard :boti:

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Welcome from New Mexico

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Welcome from Indy

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
A little late, but welcome from Louisiana!!

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
There is some excellent mechanics on this forum who do the work as a professional everyday and are more than willing to share their knowledge. So ask away and show pictures, we love pictures on this forum. The more the better! So what's the first thing that ya'll need help with?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
As long as it belongs to someone else @Goldie Driver ...........lol

Are you telling me you would not rock a 69 Charger, a 73 Challenger, or a 70s Dodge Ramcharger?

I would.

They aren't much different to work on than the Generals stuff.

More electrical issues, though, I will give you that.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Nope, Chevy all the way. In all the cars I have owned only 2 out of more than 30 or so have NOT been Chevy. One was a 66 GTO(bad mistake for selling) and the other was a 2003 GMC Yukon. Early mopars were a bitch to keep straight on the road and not because of power, never was a fan of torsion bar suspension. Hard to drive even with radial tires. Just my experience and my opinion...........IF, and this is NOT possible, I had to have one it would be either a 70 Cuda or a 69 GTX, but at this stage of MY game, this ain't gonna happen

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
There is some excellent mechanics on this forum who do the work as a professional everyday and are more than willing to share their knowledge. So ask away and show pictures, we love pictures on this forum. The more the better! So what's the first thing that ya'll need help with?
I mostly needed wiring diagrams and some past posts to fill in the blanks. I have plenty of experience with Mopar and 70's GM. Just not recently. My son needed his truck to be dependable so he could get a better job. I helped him with his electrical, TBI, starter issues first so it would start every time and idle nice with out stalling. Helped him out with his leaking cooling system issues early this week.

I do appreciate the offer and will definitely ask at some point. I'm just gathering info so I can figure out what I don't know. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey