Hello My First Square body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LowrideHearse

Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C6500
Engine Size
Hi I'm Martin from Kansas I bought a 1978 GMC C6500 with a 427 tall deck and 5 speed.
You must be registered for see images attach
Just want to say Hi to the forum.

GXPWeasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
1982 | 2015
Truck Model
Sierra C15 | Silverado Z71
Engine Size
5.0 | 5.3
Looks like a descent truck to work in.
I like the hearse in the background too!

LowrideHearse

Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C6500
Engine Size
Thanks I bought the truck to get my CDL in. I went to a trucking school but it shut down because of Covid. But I learned enough just to get a CDL on my own I'll be fine with a Class B "or A if you can use a horse trailer" CDL with air brake restriction eventually get a LLC and use it for work locally could always have a friend without a air brake restriction drive a rental truck to take the air brake restriction off.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Welcome from Texas nice looking truck

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Thanks I bought the truck to get my CDL in. I went to a trucking school but it shut down because of Covid. But I learned enough just to get a CDL on my own I'll be fine with a Class B "or A if you can use a horse trailer" CDL with air brake restriction eventually get a LLC and use it for work locally could always have a friend without a air brake restriction drive a rental truck to take the air brake restriction off.
Im currently in the process of gettin my cdl through work. How tough is it?

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Hi and welcome. Nice rig, want to see more of the hears. Locally a high end trim carpenter had one, had his miter box set up on the casket slide in the hearse. It was his signature move. CDL is no biggie, read the book, take the written test, take the driving test. The pain in the ass is the physicals and drug testing. You are liable for DOT rules even when in your square tooling around. I have noticed as I age they are trying to weed out the old guys. YMMV
Eric

LowrideHearse

Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C6500
Engine Size
Im currently in the process of gettin my cdl through work. How tough is it?
It is a lot of reading and training 180 hours I have. It's scary in a Class 8 truck with a Eaton Fuller 10 speed at first until you get used to the splitter. The DMV was closed for months so I couldn't get a Class A CDL so I'm like screw it and buy my own truck. I have a horse trailer I probably could use that to take a Class A cdl with air brake restriction then rent a truck with a LLC and have a friend with a class A without restrictions drive it to the dmv to take the test in it. DMV Genie help me get my CLP no issues I passed the Commercial Learner's Permit the first try but I studied for a Month to get it because I was nervous.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
It is a lot of reading and training 180 hours I have. It's scary in a Class 8 truck with a Eaton Fuller 10 speed at first until you get used to the splitter. The DMV was closed for months so I couldn't get a Class A CDL so I'm like screw it and buy my own truck. I have a horse trailer I probably could use that to take a Class A cdl with air brake restriction then rent a truck with a LLC and have a friend with a class A without restrictions drive it to the dmv to take the test in it. DMV Genie help me get my CLP no issues I passed the Commercial Learner's Permit the first try but I studied for a Month to get it because I was nervous.
Whats dmv genie?

dusterdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc c15
Engine Size
Welcome

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Welcome from NE Georgia and best of luck on the CDL!