Hello from the mountains of West Virginia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cameron Lloyd

Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
400 6.6l
I just turned 27 last month, I have had my 85 Chevy since I was 16(2009). It was a gift from my Uncle who didn’t want it sitting and falling apart in his driveway and wouldn’t sell it and keep it in the family so me and my dad spent a lot of time making it a decent first truck (hello to the world of Bondo) if there was a part that needed replaced it got it. Fast forward to 2013 when I was already in college and had another truck and my grandpa used it for a beater. He passed away in March that year and when we all were figuring out what to do with everyone my uncle and dad were on board with pulling the engine/transmission and making it a beer can. I naturally pushed back and said not to take it out on the old truck that it didn’t deserve that kind of fate. But with college and then later that a year a soon to be three year relationship (disaster) I couldn’t work on it. Skip to 2016 and I sold my 91 Sport 4x4(regret that decision) but I got the truck back on the road and drove it all year till the head gasket blew then she went back to a slumber. With moving home in 2017 and working a few different jobs then working nonstop it sat. 2018 dad tore the block down and replaced the gaskets and I was with my wife(fiancé at the time) and drove it through the rest of winter(last time it saw the salt) until my son was born in September’18 when I bought my grandmas zr5 s10 off her cause she didn’t want bub in a front seat of a wore out truck lol. Has since sat in a garage during the winters and outside so my grandpas impala can park in the garage during summer. During the time of getting the s10 my dad was pushing too let it Rest In Peace and take what was good off it and send it to a scrapyard and I contemplated all year until recently and I just don’t have the heart to do it. To many memories and I can’t bear it becoming a PBR can lol. Plus my wife wants to see my son drive it when he’s 16 so here I am beginning to look for body parts and waiting till spring to drive it to my house and begin work. I said to her and my dad if I’m to have a major project may as well be a vehicle I’m fond of. Plus my son at 16 months old loves it between the music and exhaust lol when he was a newborn he would throw fits in a car but every time no matter what as soon as I fired it up and turned the radio on he was content. The trucks major repairs are the frame which is plated but may look at boxing it in around the shock mount and I’ve seen where some people are making brackets to get the rear shocks off the frame to alleviate stress. The bed well driver side and floor is trash the passenger side is still good if needed.

Sorry for the excessive rambling but it’s easier to throw out where the trucks been till now. I am just waiting for tax season to get what I need to start the restoration full scale. I work with teenagers and went part time in October to help care for my grandma while she’s been battling cancer but am looking for another part time job that works with my schedule my job. I hunt, fish and am a gear head old Chevy trucks and any GM muscle car or old CJ Jeep gets me excited and I’m gonna try and get my son in these expensive hobbies lol sorry for more rambling again I’m Cameron glad to be here have been on this site before for information so why not join haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBCfan

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 2WD
Engine Size
WV is my wifes home country! LOL Gotta love the speed limit signs...it's not the law,they"re dares in my experience... Welcome from NW PA.

Cameron Lloyd

Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
400 6.6l
Haha! I’ll never forget in the college days which was in Keyser at Potomac State I had several friends who me and a few buddies from the mountains called flatlanders and I’ll never forget the first few times they rode with us and when we were staying at 55 in some 30mph turns they’re holding on for dear life and they said my god man the signs are yellow and they said it means that 30 is the recommended speeds. I always told them what’s the fun in that? Lol of course my dumbest thing was racing a buddy home from college and I loved 20 miles past him but we drove down Backbone Mtn in Tucker County and I mean I had my 91’s V6 winding for everything it had and we took a turn they call Wild Maggie and through the decades it seems a least one person always winds up dying it’s a nasty spot in the summer and winter it’s always bad but I can’t describe it it’s just one spot everyone know but regardless it’s a 20mph turn on the nicest summer day and I remember us hitting it so fast last I looked down mid turn my speedometer was around 45 I was starting to loose my control and popped it in 3rd and popped the clutch. I never could pass my buddy(91 4.3 4wd 5spd, he had a 06 4.8 bored to 5.0 stick shift and 4wd) I could never keep up uphill or on a straightaway but down hill I never gave him more than half a truck distance between bumpers lol my buddy from the DC area of VA got used to my driving quick and loved it lol course he’s a ford guy so I joke and say how’s it feel to actually hit the speed limit lol
My other best friend is a college buddy and he’s from the central well southern central if that makes sense he’s from Bedford PA

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome:

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Welcome to GMSB!

We need pix!

Cameron Lloyd

Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
400 6.6l
You must be registered for see images attach

The rest are how it is now. Main things it needs are bed well if I can scrounge one cheap enough the passenger side is good rest is junk. Floor pan is bad on driver side and then cab metal and doors. I got a driver fender for it. Nothing fancy about the paint just GM Emerald Green Metallic from a 96 truck but it looks good with all the chrome and stainless steel.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thats a purtee truck.

My step-grandpa used to drive dynomite trucks in those mountains to some of the mines in the 1950's. It was he who taught me the value of learning how to un-sht one's pants.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cameron Lloyd

Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
400 6.6l
Thank ya and ya I don’t scare easy but I will say icy mountains on a down grade tend to get the heart pumping lol

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Welcome from TX.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Thank ya and ya I don’t scare easy but I will say icy mountains on a down grade tend to get the heart pumping lol

Oh yea! Mount Charleston, January 1989. Permanently creased my jeans down the middle.

Cameron Lloyd

Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
400 6.6l
Oh yea! Mount Charleston, January 1989. Permanently creased my jeans down the middle.
I think I’ve heard of that mountain the ones that come to mind to me are Allegheny, Backbone, and Laurel around Cool Springs. More than once I’ve prayed the whole time going down and when I made it I got out and collected my nerves and thanked God lol definitely makes one a man after that lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg