HEI wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfinsf

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Hi! New member to the community!
Just finished my first 350sb rebuild, new to american muscle - experienced w German
Question is about how you have your HEI's wired? How is your hot lead from the "battery" side wired? I have mine on the Batt spade on the fuse block, but something seems funky. I have to let go of the key for the connection to be made and energize the coil. There must be something wrong.
this is a 74 square with an early 80's 350sb/350 combo, HEI was already on motor. I upgraded to Hitachi starter only. Motor is stock AF. Only reason for wiring change is because of starter.
Any help appreciated.
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks!

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hi! New member to the community!
Just finished my first 350sb rebuild, new to american muscle - experienced w German
Question is about how you have your HEI's wired? How is your hot lead from the "battery" side wired? I have mine on the Batt spade on the fuse block, but something seems funky. I have to let go of the key for the connection to be made and energize the coil. There must be something wrong.
this is a 74 square with an early 80's 350sb/350 combo, HEI was already on motor. I upgraded to Hitachi starter only. Motor is stock AF. Only reason for wiring change is because of starter.
Any help appreciated.
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks!
Welcome you need it to be powered up during cranking and key on.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site, run a 12 gauge wire from the "IGN" terminal on the fuse box to the distributor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes