Heater hose now connected to water pump - no heat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I just got finished doing a top-end rebuild on the 454. New cam, new old-school winters intake. Etc.

The new intake did not have a heater hose provision, so I decided to plumb the heater hose to the second port on the top of the water pump. See pics below.

The problem is I am not getting heat. The heat worked perfect before when the hose was routed to the intake, pre-rebuild.

It seems like there just isnt any fluid in the lines. I squeeze them and they don't appear full. Is it possible its just a big air bubble? Or did I hook this up all wrong?

You must be registered for see images attach

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
Both your heater hoses are on the suction side of the water pump. Will not flow coolant through the heater core. It needs to draw coolant from the manifold.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Both your heater hoses are on the suction side of the water pump. Will not flow coolant through the heater core. It needs to draw coolant from the manifold.

Ok then, since I do not have a port on the intake for a heater core connection (pretty sure it was originally a marine intake), can I replace the heater bypass hose with the heater circuit?

i.e. run the front manifold port to the core, then run that back to the water pump? Rather than use the little elbow hose?

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
Ok then, since I do not have a port on the intake for a heater core connection (pretty sure it was originally a marine intake), can I replace the heater bypass hose with the heater circuit?

i.e. run the front manifold port to the core, then run that back to the water pump? Rather than use the little elbow hose?

Since you dont have the extra port. That sounds like a logical solution. Yor heater would act like the bypass. Then just plug both water pump inlets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara