Heater core box help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82silverado01

Reaction score
First Name
Jamey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
Changing heater core and this plastic diverter looking thing I’m pointing to in picture is broken where the rod that turns it attaches. Anyone know exactly what it’s called and can I get one without having to pull heater box out of another truck? Trying google search but not sure of part name. Also, how can I test the diaphragms and blend doors before putting it all back under dash.

You must be registered for see images attach

seabee

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I did the same thing, broke it putting it back together. I could not find one either. Had to used some epoxy to repair . I’m still on look out for one . I used hand vacuum pump to test blend doors . U may be able to weld it using a plastic welder to repair . Sorry could not help much.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Ditto. Had same issue. Roughed up the area with emory cloth and used JB Weld for plastic. Worked like a champ. No problem in 4 years (fingers still crossed).

Hand vacuum pump is a great idea.
You must be registered for see images attach

82silverado01

Reaction score
First Name
Jamey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
Thanks. I went to body shop/junkyard and asked about it. The owner welded it for me and tested the blend door diaphragms for 10.00. Made my day! I didn’t even need to take that part out anyway. YouTube video I was watching said to pull it out. Learning the hard way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84