Heater blowing a small amount of air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eighty5ov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ov
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
My heater barely blows air out, any suggestions on a fix or what I should do? My plans are to hook it up to a battery to see if the motor blows on a full send. Then don’t know where to go from there. Thanks any help is appreciated

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Did you check to see if the vacuum line that controls the vent position is connected? Can you hear the door close when you change from vent to heat? Is the air coming out in one area? under dash, defogger vents, dash vents, or all three places? Does the fan switch change the noise level of air flow?

Eighty5ov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ov
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
Did you check to see if the vacuum line that controls the vent position is connected? Can you hear the door close when you change from vent to heat? Is the air coming out in one area? under dash, defogger vents, dash vents, or all three places? Does the fan switch change the noise level of air flow?
I haven’t tried anything yet. But I will try these!

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
If you pull out the blower motor you might find that the squirrel cage is broken or has broken loose from the blower motor shaft. The squirrel cage is made out of plastic or nylon, so not real durable.

With no vacuum to the controls (broken line, etc.) I believe the system splits the air flow between the floor and the defroster, and there may be nothing coming out of the dash vents.

Eighty5ov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ov
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
So I did some diagnostic activities. I pulled the motor and hooked it straight to power source. Ran full send. The air will come out of all areas. I can hear the door close. And the fan switch doesn’t change anything. I think blower motor switch but I still have to see if any power is going to the resistor. Or any idea?

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
So I did some diagnostic activities. I pulled the motor and hooked it straight to power source. Ran full send. The air will come out of all areas. I can hear the door close. And the fan switch doesn’t change anything. I think blower motor switch but I still have to see if any power is going to the resistor. Or any idea?
Most fans have a constant hot and the ground wire is the one that goes to the switch and has three different resistors on or in the switch to give it the 3 speeds, verify the constant power to the fan before looking for power on switch, should save time and confusion. Took me a while to figure out dome light and fan circuits that are constant power and use the ground to switch the device on and off.

Eighty5ov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ov
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
Most fans have a constant hot and the ground wire is the one that goes to the switch and has three different resistors on or in the switch to give it the 3 speeds, verify the constant power to the fan before looking for power on switch, should save time and confusion. Took me a while to figure out dome light and fan circuits that are constant power and use the ground to switch the device on and off.
I will indeed try that. Thanks I will be back on here when I do it. Most likely tomorrow.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Check for power at the resistor block on the box in the engine compartment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby 406