Heat/AC vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
What all tricks do you guys use to tighten up the heat/ac vent thingies? Mine always point toward the floor now and will not stay adjusted. Trying to find out a better fix than the gum wrapper or matchbook cover folded up and sticking out. That's for teenagers! Looking for a way to fix them so they will hold in place . TIA:party52: I have my dashpad out and am going to repair the cracks so now is a good time to take care of this issue.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
If you pop them out you could probably use some black silicone to build a couple of high spots towards the backs of either sides to increase the stiction.

Never tried it as the "teenager method" is fast, cheap, easy, and works.

:anitoof:

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
I've done the RTV trick too, the old GM B-bodies have the same affliction. I hate old and flaccid...

olnick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
1982 350 4 bolt mains
with the dash/pad out go the extra steps to remove the vent units when they are out you can remove the louvers and install"Soft" O-rings that just fit over the pivot pins. did mine about 6-7 years ago and still work better that OEM method!!

Olnick

EastAustinSawdust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Big Ten Bonanza
Engine Size
5.7L 350
Just had this problem today. I used some leftover rubber door weatherstripping that I had from Hone Depot:

You must be registered for see images attach

I put it around the perimeter of where the vent sits. This pic is the vent to the right of the driver:

Took some tweaking to get the desired drag on the vent. But it seems to work great and it’s completely hidden on the front end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg