Headlight suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sexychevy84

Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350sbc
What would be the best thing to do to make my headlights brighter on my 84 chevy

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
either install a relay to power the headights, get LED headlights or both.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I used one of the relay kits from LMC to keep the voltage up, and put in Halogen sealed beams. Its significantly better than before.

Bruce

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I did the headlight harness from LMC then bought some Hella H4 headlights. One added nice thing about the harness is that the headlight switch no longer gets hot on long drives. I'm running 55W low beam and 100W high beam. The H4 has a nice cutoff beam.

You must be registered for see images attach

This beam pattern was with just the right headlight only.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I did the headlight harness from LMC then bought some Hella H4 headlights. One added nice thing about the harness is that the headlight switch no longer gets hot on long drives. I'm running 55W low beam and 100W high beam. The H4 has a nice cutoff beam. This beam pattern was with just the right headlight only.

Man, that's a tremendous improvement! Looks almost as good as a new car pattern. I've used Hella and Cibie in the past on 1950s to 1980s vehicles, and they've always made a huge difference. May put them on my square someday, but can't remember the last time I drove it at night.

Planning to install a new wiring harness and fuse panel this fall, and will definitely add headlamp relays then.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
First and foremost get (or make) a relay kit for your headlights so they draw power from the battery directly instead of through the switch. You will see an improvement there with your stock sealed beam lights. If you still want more and dont mind the clear "euro" look LMC sealed beam conversions throw great light using halogen bulbs. The hella sealed beam conversions have the glass lens finished like the original lights so they looks correct. Another option is a projector retrofit which would involve splitting a sealed beam kit, drilling the headlight hole to a larger diameter (sometimes not needed) and dropping in a set of aftermarket projectors. Thats the optimal setup for running HIDs or LEDs as it will produced the most focused and level beam pattern of all.

carlgm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Truck Year
'85
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
+1 on projector retrofit if money and time are not a problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat