have you had this same steering issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grumpy Grizzly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 1500
Engine Size
Lately my '89 'burban v1500 is tracking off on me. its not like bump steer, its more like I get stuck in a track that sends me left until I make a drastic change on the steering wheel and then it will track right until I do the same thing with the steering wheel. when I make a right or left turn the whole truck will "cluck" /shift to the left or right. I have just yesterday in an attempt to fix this traded out the front leaf springs with all new hardware and out fitted the anti-sway bar with new rubber. and it is still doing this. I'm at a loss at this point as the ball joints and wheel bearings seem to be solid and not moving. the only thing I have left is to change out the steering box even though that feels solid too...

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Have you checked the bushing in the front spring, rear upper hangers?

Any modifications prior to the issue starting?

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
steering box loose or cracked frame around the steering box mounts will cause this. highdesertranger

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had issues similar too this. My steering box was loose, my u bolts needed re -torqued and my steering stabilizer was shot. Glad I didn't change out steering box.

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had issues similar too this. My steering box was loose, my u bolts needed re -torqued and my steering stabilizer was shot. Glad I didn't change out steering box.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128