Got the itch to get another toy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
I’ve been looking a lot on FB Marketplace lately for an affordable toy. Been kicking around a few options for classics or other. I even looked at one a couple days ago, but it wasn’t what I wanted. I’m a tinkerer so I’m hoping to find something that I can wrench on and drive at the same time (that’s not a pos), plus it needs to not take up a lot of room in the garage or driveway.

I’ve been looking for/at CJ’s, MGB’s, 240SX’s, P71’s, abodys, 89-93 mustang, possibly a RHD something, or a carbureted rwd from the 70’s/80’s. Not sure what I’ll end up finding, but I’m on the hunt.

I mentioned it to my wife and I could actually hear her butthole pucker. She’s not a fan of my quest.

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I’ve been looking a lot on FB Marketplace lately for an affordable toy. Been kicking around a few options for classics or other. I even looked at one a couple days ago, but it wasn’t what I wanted. I’m a tinkerer so I’m hoping to find something that I can wrench on and drive at the same time (that’s not a pos), plus it needs to not take up a lot of room in the garage or driveway.

I’ve been looking for/at CJ’s, MGB’s, 240SX’s, P71’s, abodys, 89-93 mustang, possibly a RHD something, or a carbureted rwd from the 70’s/80’s. Not sure what I’ll end up finding, but I’m on the hunt.

I mentioned it to my wife and I could actually hear her butthole pucker. She’s not a fan of my quest.

I encourage you in your quest! Providing it is old. (don't know about the mustangs though)

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
I encourage you in your quest! Providing it is old. (don't know about the mustangs though)

yeah, I don’t know either? I’m kinda all over the board on what I’m looking at. One thing that’s surprised me though is that the cost for a budget toy has gone up since I bought one last time. The price range I’m looking at doesn’t get much anymore.

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
@45tt , best advice I can offer , ask her what she would like and come to an agreement.....makes the purchase AND life easier!!!!!.. worked for me a couple of times !!
She’s been supportive of my interests for the 25 years we’ve been together, she just doesn’t want more than one of my “interests” around at one time.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Yeah Covid prices have jacked the classic car/ “project” market as well. Also proof the economy is doing ok despite it all.
Been following for years, have an old original CJ5 that is really in decent shape.
Sort of bought it to make a buck on, about 15 years ago, but now it’s a fixture here. However what I got for what I thought was a deal. Not a steal, just a deal, would easily bring 3x what I bought it for if I popped it on CL tomorrow. With a good chunk of that increase in the last year or so.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
They have got to be her "interests", too. 25 years may not be quite enough, my Bride and I are almost 49 years and our "interests" have gotten closer. Like Dirty Harry said,"A man's got to know his limitations"......LOL

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@45tt,

You need a mini truck! Like a S10, I don't remember, what was the Chevy one called, a S15? Or a Luv, even a foreign model, and I sure don't mean to offend anyone here. You can do most anything with it, i.e. drop a 350 in it, make a 4 wheel drive out of it, make a custom cruiser out of it, just about anything and spend a little or spend a lot, those mini truck parts are plentiful and fairly cheap.

And you could convince your wife it would be fun for her to, easy to drive, A/C cool air to drive around in? Any woman likes cool air to keep her hair from getting messy, automatic trans, no clutching all over town while she's out shopping, and speaking of shopping, it would be easy to park! Not like a full size truck with big ass tires and all. You don't have a big giant size truck to have to deal with let alone the parts hunting and cost if you find them, and all that. And it doesn't take up much room to park around the property either.

Sound good?

Last edited:

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
She’s been supportive of my interests for the 25 years we’ve been together, she just doesn’t want more than one of my “interests” around at one time.

Well that makes it easy. Get rid of her. Lol

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
@45tt,

You need a mini truck! Like a S10, I don't remember, what was the Chevy one called, a S15? Or a Luv, even a foreign model, and I sure don't mean to offend anyone here. You can do most anything with it, i.e. drop a 350 in it, make a 4 wheel drive out of it, make a custom cruiser out of it, just about anything and spend a little or spend a lot, those mini truck parts are plentiful and fairly cheap.

And you could convince your wife it would be fun for her to, easy to drive, A/C cool air to drive around in? Any woman likes cool air to keep her hair from getting messy, automatic trans, no clutching all over town while she's out shopping, and speaking of shopping, it would be easy to park! Not like a full size truck with big ass tires and all. You don't have a big giant size truck to have to deal with let alone the parts hunting and cost if you find them, and all that. And it doesn't take up much room to park around the property either.

Sound good?
Like this one we are building for Kooper(Grandson)? .030 over 327, 700R4 3.73 rear
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
@45tt,

You need a mini truck! Like a S10, I don't remember, what was the Chevy one called, a S15?

Sound good?

I’ve actually considered the s10 and have looked at a few.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@idahovette,

Well there you go. Problem solved. The little truck I have always wanted is a '83 Mitzubishi mini truck. That thing is so tiny you could put the whole truck in the bed of my Square long bed. I found one out at one of the local yards one time and I fell in love with it. But I had a bit of a different idea for it. I was going to make a bucket t out of it and chop the bed down a foot or so and go even further and put a v-6 in it. I thought it would have been fine. Nobody would have figured out what the heck it was. It would have been funny seeing people's faces.

But yeah, a mini truck. What about it @45tt?

I think that it was a Ford that was a s15 wasn't it? Copy cats!

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I just got off line looking at the little '83 Misubishi and found this cool article on the "Ten Forgotten Pickup Trucks That Never Made it", and has the Chevy LUV and a little write up about it and the others. Does anyone remember the Mitsubishi Mighty Max? I do and my town had a bunch of them, and all the rest as well including that Ford Courier. Remember the Plymouth Scamp? Ha, ha, ha, what a weird little truck. There was a bunch of them here to. It seems to me there were a couple of seats in the bed that backed up against the back of the cab. Or I'm thinking about some other little truck?

Last edited:

RedBeard_83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom deluxe
Engine Size
Sbc 350
I just got off line looking at the little '83 Misubishi and found this cool article on the "Ten Forgotten Pickup Trucks That Never Made it", and has the Chevy LUV and a liottle writeup about it and the others. Does anyone remember the Mitsubishi Mighty Max? I do and my town had a bunch of them, and all the rest as well including that Ford Courier. Remember the Plymouth Scamp? Ha, ha, ha, what a weird little truck. There was a bunch of them here to. It seems to me there were a couple of seats in the bed that backed up against the back of the cab. Or I'm thinking about some other little truck?
wasn't it the subaru brat that had seats that were mounted like that in the bed ? Or at least I know subaru was one of the companies that did that.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Get an s10 blazer ;):headbang: