Good place to have SM465 rebuilt in Oklahoma or South Kansas???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OkieFishMan

Certified Camping and Fishing Nut
Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
I'm in need of having my SM465 rebuilt. I'd like to get a price from somewhere somewhat local. I'm in the NW Oklahoma area (Enid). Who in Oklahoma or Southern Kansas does good work on SM465 transmissions?

This thing will be going behind a stout big block 496 so I want any of the upgrades done to it too. Ahaheim Gear out of California is $900 plus s&h. I'm just wanting to compare to local.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
They really can't be that complicated. I'd tear it apart just because I've never taken one apart. It's nuts and bolts a person put it together and so can I. That's the mindset I use on every situation.

OkieFishMan

Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
They really can't be that complicated. I'd tear it apart just because I've never taken one apart. It's nuts and bolts a person put it together and so can I. That's the mindset I use on every situation.
I don't think I have the time to dedicate to rebuilding it myself. Right now it looks as though I am ordering one from Cali. Blumemthals in OKC wanted $1450 for a built unit, and were real iffy on cost to rebuild mine. But I'm going to do some thinking on this.....you're right, its just nuts and bolts.....

OkieFishMan

Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
I actually may just find a good one in a salvage yard, throw it in for the time being, then tear in to the one I have now. Cheaper all the way around and I can build myself a backup.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I actually may just find a good one in a salvage yard, throw it in for the time being, then tear in to the one I have now. Cheaper all the way around and I can build myself a backup.
That's the spirit!!!!!:waytogo:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128